Year 11 and 12

carlymac

Hi

I am in the process of organising a move back to the UK. I have to go back to organise work which will therefore put my move back by at least 2 more years due to finances and jobs. I will have a son going into year 11 at this point. Just wondering could he apply for 6th form if we try and aim to get him back for year 12 or would his ATAR not transfer over? I would also have a year 9 student. Any help greatly appreciated 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
On 04/03/2021 at 13:07, ali said:

Unless your son completes year 12 he won't have an ATAR score

And if your son goes back to the UK for the start of sixth form he won't have been resident long enough in the UK to qualify for "home-school" status when (if) he goes to Univeristy, but will have been out of Australia long enough to not get any help from Canberra for studying in the UK either.

This would be very expensive... Overseas fees in UK unis are typically £25k a year and there are no loans to cover them (and he wouldn't qualify for a loan for living either until he had been in the UK for 3 years, and then only if he hasn't already started the course)