190 Vic invitation chances. Civil Eng. 75 points with State Nomination

GoSolar

Been 4 months no response yet. We submitted the EOI for Vic State Nomination.

Field Civil Eng

Exp. 5 years overseas

IELTS 7 EACH

TOT POINTS 75 WITH state nomination. 

It says that engineers dont need to lodge an application just submit an EOI and wait.

Any idea guys? Is there any chance of securing the invitation?

My partner is also waiting for his skill assessment so our points will be 80 for state nomination.

Anyone can guide us what do we do here?

14 hours ago, GoSolar said:

Any idea guys? Is there any chance of securing the invitation?

My best idea is that you boost your score with superior English. Ten extra points would do magic with your EOI. After all, it's a competition. Do everything you can to get on top of that queue. 

Edited by Martina
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, GoSolar said:

Thanks for your valuable suggestions guys. We are in a process.

We are also trying to get job in our field. Coz we have heard that if you have an offer letter the chances are really high.

Anyone gone through that path way?

Are you offshore or onshore? If you're onshore and live in another state, job offer is mandatory. If you're offshore, VIC will like the fact that you have it although this would be AFTER you receive invitation. Also looking for a potential employer saying you don't know when you arrive, but most likely in a year is not ideal. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Martina said:

Are you offshore or onshore? If you're onshore and live in another state, job offer is mandatory. If you're offshore, VIC will like the fact that you have it although this would be AFTER you receive invitation. Also looking for a potential employer saying you don't know when you arrive, but most likely in a year is not ideal. 

If you are applying offshore a job offer will make no difference to how quickly you are offered state nomination. (It would make you open for employer sponsored temp visa but this is a very different thing).

The best option by far is to put you efforts into getting a higher English mark rather than looking for employers at this stage in your process

6 hours ago, GoSolar said:

I am on an onshore applicant lived in Tassie atm. In this case having a job offer make oir case stronger?

If you live in Tassie now and want to relocate, you MUST have a job offer from Victoria. If you don't have it and get pre-invite, they won't allow you to formally apply. 

I’ve just read on the VIC 190 page that you don’t need a test if you have a UK passport -  but I take it you forego the delicious points if that’s the case. 

We are both teachers and have 85 points with the superior English test. 

Odds of an invite at that level on a 190 for VIC - what’s the bets?! 

6 minutes ago, GoSolar said:

So if we have  the job offer from Victoria then our chances are higher to secure 190 invite?

As Martina said, if you are already living in Australia, then it is compulsory to have a job offer from Victoria when you apply for the 190 visa. If you do not, your application stands no chance of being considered.

On 10/12/2019 at 04:45, Dean0703 said:

I’ve just read on the VIC 190 page that you don’t need a test if you have a UK passport -  but I take it you forego the delicious points if that’s the case. 

We are both teachers and have 85 points with the superior English test. 

Odds of an invite at that level on a 190 for VIC - what’s the bets?! 

It’s difficult to tell at this stage. All states are giving priority to 491 so you may want a few months. However, Victoria do invite teachers more than any other state so that’s a bonus! 

4 minutes ago, GoSolar said:

But we didn't even lodge the application. It clearly says for Engineering you jeed to lodge an eoi and wait. So even if we have a job offer where would we attach it? Or we are doing something wrong here? Can someone pls guide us

You attach after the pre-invite has come through 

6 hours ago, GoSolar said:

Ok. Thanks

So having a job offer has nothing to do with invitation? Or does it give some edge?

In your case (because you already live in Australia but in a different state), it should go like this :

1) lodge eoi

2) wait for pre invite from Victoria (no idea how long) 

3)when received pre invite, you'll be asked whether or not you have a job offer from the state 

3a) if yes and everything else is fine, then you'll be invited to formally lodge an application for 190 (up to 6 weeks) 

3b) if not, you won't pass the pre invitation and won't be able to apply for the visa

Hope it's clear now?