Expression of Interest

arch123

• 3 weeks later...

We have just participated in a webinar on the down under centre website and they have said that it is unlikely we will receive an invite for the 189 without 95+ points. They also said that if NSW haven't invited you within 3 months it is unlikely that they will. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, arch123 said:

We have just participated in a webinar on the down under centre website and they have said that it is unlikely we will receive an invite for the 189 without 95+ points. They also said that if NSW haven't invited you within 3 months it is unlikely that they will. Any thoughts?

I would have thought that they see enough applications to be able to make statements like that based on what they are seeing personally.

I'd say that every case is different and the mood of the AUS immigration authorities can change overnight so what's true today might be very inaccurate tomorrow

• Like 1

Its very challenging when you want to make plans. I know everyone is in the same boat though.

Anyone know much about the Subclass 491? Could you apply for this and live somewhere outside of Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane and wait for your invitation for 189/190? Is this points based too?

20 minutes ago, arch123 said:

Its very challenging when you want to make plans. I know everyone is in the same boat though.

Anyone know much about the Subclass 491? Could you apply for this and live somewhere outside of Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane and wait for your invitation for 189/190? Is this points based too?

If you hold (or the last visa you held was) a 491, you cannot be granted a 189 or 190 (or a number of other visas) until you have held the 491 for three years. If you go down the 491 path, you are committing to the 491 onto 191 pathway.

Edited by paulhand

4 hours ago, arch123 said:

Ahh I see. Hmm thank you. There's no other options I don't think. No temporary working visa if you are over 30 😔

That isn't correct. Working Holiday Visas often have a limit of 30, but temporary working visas such as the 482 are still available if you meet the requirements.

Thank you. Unfortunately we are not able to get sponsored. I have had a look at the NSW/VIC postcodes and they are a little far out to commute to Melbourne/Sydney. We could consider Adelaide or Perth, but would need to check job availability. Is there any data on how long it takes to get invited for a 491 and also processing times? I assume then we would apply for a 191 after three years (is this quicker than a 189 at the moment?).

5 hours ago, arch123 said:

So if we lodged an EOI to live and work in Perth (where we would remain for 3 years), roughly how long would and invitation take? And then the processing time?

How long is anyone’s guess... I put my invitation for 491 in QLD in December and got invited a week later.

Processing time is approx. 12 weeks

5 hours ago, Lambert said:

How long is anyone’s guess... I put my invitation for 491 in QLD in December and got invited a week later.

Processing time is approx. 12 weeks

I have only 70 points as a solicitor. for subclass 491 I submitted EOI on 22.12.2019. But I am yet to receive any pre invitation from QLD. I gave only one choice which is QLD. Now I am thinking to apply for subclass 491 of NSW. Will it be wise to apply for NSW?

1 hour ago, Zami said:

I have only 70 points as a solicitor. for subclass 491 I submitted EOI on 22.12.2019. But I am yet to receive any pre invitation from QLD. I gave only one choice which is QLD. Now I am thinking to apply for subclass 491 of NSW. Will it be wise to apply for NSW?

QLD seem to be prioritising onshore applicants first and then also 190 as their quota is running out. 

There isn’t any harm in putting one in for NSW but do you meet the criteria? You have to be working there first

9 minutes ago, Lambert said:

QLD seem to be prioritising onshore applicants first and then also 190 as their quota is running out. 

There isn’t any harm in putting one in for NSW but do you meet the criteria? You have to be working there first

NSW has a separate category for offshore applicants with five years work experience, I will apply in the category. How to create EOI for NSW?

11 minutes ago, Lambert said:

Are you living in queensland?

2 minutes ago, Lambert said:

Just add to the exisiting EOI...

I would create a separate EOI many states ignore dual elections of nomination as a matter of course since they only want to sponsor people who really want to be with them.

Just create a second EOI and you can withdraw whichever one does not result in the invite

3 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

I would create a separate EOI many states ignore dual elections of nomination as a matter of course since they only want to sponsor people who really want to be with them.

Just create a second EOI and you can withdraw whichever one does not result in the invite

I have not found option in the existing EOI add a new one. Will i use a new email address to create new EOI?