You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

CapitalS

The Long wait for approval from Victoria 190

Just thought I’d come on and see how other people are coping with radio silence from Victoria! My partner submitted his EOI for 312311 electrical draftsperson on the 13th sept 2019 and received an email with a link to download documents to apply for state nomination- let’s call it the pre-invite!- on the 21st November. It’s so frustrating not knowing whether or not he will even get the ITA or just a rejection 😫 I’m driving myself crazy reading to see if anyone has been invited but it seems like really slow going just now compared with NSW which seems to be throwing out invites! 

Has anyone received an approval from Victoria in the last few months? Are they just focussing on the 491? Finishing up with the 489 backlog? I wish I knew someone that could tell me how they process and decide so I could figure out how and why some people get invited in a few days while others take months!!!! 

ANZSCO-312311   PTE 79  VISA 190 VIC 

POINTS  age 15     education 10      work 15

english 20        partner 10   total 70

EOI 13-09-2019  PRE-INVITE 21-11-2019

ITA      VISA LODGED   HC PCC

VISA GRANTED 🙏🏻

5 hours ago, CapitalS said:

Just thought I’d come on and see how other people are coping with radio silence from Victoria! My partner submitted his EOI for 312311 electrical draftsperson on the 13th sept 2019 and received an email with a link to download documents to apply for state nomination- let’s call it the pre-invite!- on the 21st November. It’s so frustrating not knowing whether or not he will even get the ITA or just a rejection 😫 I’m driving myself crazy reading to see if anyone has been invited but it seems like really slow going just now compared with NSW which seems to be throwing out invites! 

Has anyone received an approval from Victoria in the last few months? Are they just focussing on the 491? Finishing up with the 489 backlog? I wish I knew someone that could tell me how they process and decide so I could figure out how and why some people get invited in a few days while others take months!!!! 

I'm pretty sure it can take up to 6 weeks. They got back to me after 3 I think. 

31/5 - 26/7/2018 - Monash University bridging program for internationally qualified nurses, 5/8/2018 - APHRA registration, 12/9/2018 - ANMAC modified skill assessment, 18/2/2019 - PTE Academic overal score 88 (R 83, L 90, W 81, S 90), 21/2/2019 - EOI for 189 and for 190 visa (NSW, VIC) lodged, 25/2/2019 - VIC 190 state nomination pre-invitation received (65+5 points, Registered Nurse (surgical) ANZSCO 254424), 03/04/2019 invitation received after submitting comittment letter to VIC government, 30/05/2019 application for VIC 190 submitted 25/11/2019 VISA GRANTED!!