The Long wait for approval from Victoria 190

CapitalS

Just thought I’d come on and see how other people are coping with radio silence from Victoria! My partner submitted his EOI for 312311 electrical draftsperson on the 13th sept 2019 and received an email with a link to download documents to apply for state nomination- let’s call it the pre-invite!- on the 21st November. It’s so frustrating not knowing whether or not he will even get the ITA or just a rejection 😫 I’m driving myself crazy reading to see if anyone has been invited but it seems like really slow going just now compared with NSW which seems to be throwing out invites! 

Has anyone received an approval from Victoria in the last few months? Are they just focussing on the 491? Finishing up with the 489 backlog? I wish I knew someone that could tell me how they process and decide so I could figure out how and why some people get invited in a few days while others take months!!!! 

5 hours ago, CapitalS said:

Just thought I’d come on and see how other people are coping with radio silence from Victoria! My partner submitted his EOI for 312311 electrical draftsperson on the 13th sept 2019 and received an email with a link to download documents to apply for state nomination- let’s call it the pre-invite!- on the 21st November. It’s so frustrating not knowing whether or not he will even get the ITA or just a rejection 😫 I’m driving myself crazy reading to see if anyone has been invited but it seems like really slow going just now compared with NSW which seems to be throwing out invites! 

Has anyone received an approval from Victoria in the last few months? Are they just focussing on the 491? Finishing up with the 489 backlog? I wish I knew someone that could tell me how they process and decide so I could figure out how and why some people get invited in a few days while others take months!!!! 

I'm pretty sure it can take up to 6 weeks. They got back to me after 3 I think.