This is ridiculous

jul2019

I just got an email from Alinta energy asking me to pay my gas bill. It's for $126.

Now in 6 weeks since I've been at the rental I've had ONE bath to save on gas. Other than that I've used hot water to wash a few clothes in a bucket a couple of times and to wash a few plates. So why is my bill so high? Could I have a gas leak which could explain the high bill? I did notice when I moved in there was a gas smell coming from outside. 

There was some kind of fee I think around $40 but even so it still seems very high considering I've used very little. It would still come to $88. I've been told some people shower once a day over here. The gas bills must run into the thousands each month.

Edited by jul2019
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, jul2019 said:

I just got an email from Alinta energy asking me to pay my gas bill. It's for $126.

Now in 6 weeks since I've been at the rental I've had ONE bath to save on gas. Other than that I've used hot water to wash a few clothes in a bucket a couple of times and to wash a few plates. So why is my bill so high? Could I have a gas leak which could explain the high bill? I did notice when I moved in there was a gas smell coming from outside. 

You've washed once in six weeks? Is this a real poster, or a troll? I am beginning to wonder by some of your other posts.

In answer to your question, it sounds like it covers an establishment fee.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jul2019 said:

This is Australia. Back in the UK I lived in the north of England. Washing every 6 months is common there as it's cold. So yes once in 6 weeks here as it's considerably warmer. And I need to keep costs down but I had no idea gas would be so dear.

Haha, yep a troll. Nice one.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jul2019 said:

This is Australia. Back in the UK I lived in the north of England. Washing every 6 months is common there as it's cold. So yes once in 6 weeks here as it's considerably warmer. And I need to keep costs down but I had no idea gas would be so dear.

What a load of garbage, go and troll elsewhere

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Drumbeat said:

What a load of garbage, go and troll elsewhere

If we ignore this person perhaps he/she will get bored spouting rubbish and go away.  👍  I found his/her posts quite funny last night when I was sleepy but now they are just plain annoying.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, jul2019 said:

So you had a bath on one day (who uses a bath?), and a shower every day hopefully..

2 hours ago, Toots said:

If we ignore this person perhaps he/she will get bored spouting rubbish and go away.  👍  I found his/her posts quite funny last night when I was sleepy but now they are just plain annoying.  

50 posts in 24 hours isn't normal behaviour 😬  Good time to use the ignore function.

Edited by Drumbeat