Getting cheaper rent

jul2019

Currently paying through the nose for a 3 bed 1 bath rental near Perth. $255 a week is killing my bank balance. Not sure how much longer I can afford these high prices so I've been looking at NRAS rentals. Ideally I want to pay around $500 per month but I don't qualify for NRAS housing. Any ideas how I can lower the rent? 

1 hour ago, jul2019 said:

Currently paying through the nose for a 3 bed 1 bath rental near Perth. $255 a week is killing my bank balance. Not sure how much longer I can afford these high prices so I've been looking at NRAS rentals. Ideally I want to pay around $500 per month but I don't qualify for NRAS housing. Any ideas how I can lower the rent? 

That is VERY cheap for Perth. Hold on to it if it’s clean and decent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jul2019 said:

It might be cheap to some people but it's not cheap to me. I'll be breaking the lease very soon. $255 a week is high for a 3 bed 1 bath rental. 

I lived in Perth for many many years, for a three bed two bath, that is a cheap price, unless it is a total dump in a bad area.

Toots has suggested a good idea. 

If you break the lease you will have to pay advertising costs and the rent until it is re let, and that could take some time, and you don’t want to get black listed if you can’t pay those costs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AliQ said:

I lived in Perth for many many years, for a three bed two bath, that is a cheap price, unless it is a total dump in a bad area.

Toots has suggested a good idea. 

If you break the lease you will have to pay advertising costs and the rent until it is re let, and that could take some time, and you don’t want to get black listed if you can’t pay those costs.

It's a very nice area 6 mins from supermarkets. I was told there would be no costs in breaking the lease. Someone has been telling me lies. 

15 minutes ago, jul2019 said:

It's a very nice area 6 mins from supermarkets. I was told there would be no costs in breaking the lease. Someone has been telling me lies. 

In that case, your rent certainly is very cheap.

Your lease agreement should list all charges associated with breaking that lease, if you are renting through an agent that is.

57 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

This guy is a troll. On another post they claim they hadn't showered in 6 weeks.

How on earth am I trolling? I have had 2 washes since I left the UK in mid July. Washing is bad for your skin, it removes all the natural oils which dries out your skin. I'm 49 and have no wrinkles....yet. Why? 1) I cover up in the sun 2) I don't wash very often. Makes a big difference. You should try it. 

9 hours ago, jul2019 said:

Northern Perth. $255 per week is a bit on the steep side.  It's actually against the tenancy agreement to rent out rooms. Not that I would anyway.

That's very cheap for a 3 bed - where in Perth are you?