Finding job for perioperative/ Theatre nurse in Perth and visa type

Dipi

Hi there,

I'm currently looking for nursing (Peri operative/ Theatre) jobs in Perth. I've applied for skill assessment 2 weeks ago. I live and work in UK now for the last 12 years. I've recently received AHPRA registration too. Can someone please share any ideas how to look for the jobs in Perth: website... Also I'm thinking of applying for Regional/ state sponsored visa. In this case, I guess I still need to have job sponsored before I apply for the visa?? Any suggestions pls about job search and visa type.

Thank you

Congratulations on getting your AHPRA registration.

You sound confused about visas.

If you want a permanent visa, there is no point looking for a job yet.  The visa application process will take a year, and no employer will wait for such a long time. You must apply for the visa yourself, wait for it to be granted and then look for a job.  

If you want an employer-sponsored visa, that is only a temporary visa for two to four years, then you must go home again. 

Hi there, 

Thank you so much for your reply. 

At present, 491,regional visa applicant, started November 2019, will be eligible for PR in 3years time, ie. 2022. So I will apply for the same visa. Now my problem is finding the job for sponsorship, looking for job search options, possibly then visa 491.pls correct me if I'm wrong. 

Thanks 

Edited by Dipi
Spelling

51 minutes ago, Dipi said:

At present, 491,regional visa applicant, started November 2019, will be eligible for PR in 3years time, ie. 2022. So I will apply for the same visa. Now my problem is finding the job for sponsorship, looking for job search options, possibly then visa 491.pls correct me if I'm wrong. 

For most states and occupations, there is no need to have a job before you apply for the 491 visa.  You just apply to the state and wait for the state government to invite you.   I don't know if WA is different.  Is there a particular reason you want to go to WA? 

Like I said, the big problem with finding an employer is that they will have to wait a very long time while you apply for your visa, so very few employers will offer you a post.   

Edited by Marisawright

Hi there, 

So this means, I've to apply for state sponsorship 491 visa without job. Also expression of intrest, is this I will apply after skill assessment and after submitting EOI, n state will nominate me then I will apply for visa or state will apply for visa as there will be no job. 

Thanks 

22 hours ago, Dipi said:

Hi there, 

So this means, I've to apply for state sponsorship 491 visa without job. Also expression of intrest, is this I will apply after skill assessment and after submitting EOI, n state will nominate me then I will apply for visa or state will apply for visa as there will be no job. 

Thanks 

Only after your ANMAC skills assessment, you are eligible to apply for EOI. After EOI is applied, you will have to wait for the invitation from the state, once nominated, you will have to accept it and apply for the Visa. State won't be doing it for you.

4 minutes ago, Dipi said:

Hi there, 

Just wanna know about finding job. How do we get the job, is it state /or ourselves, mean do I've to search job. Just want to work out the time frame n procedure. 

Once you secure a 189/190/491 visa, you can either contact any number of agencies, or look for jobs on the WA health jobs website.

On a side note, I assume that you've verified your ID for AHPRA by presenting in person to one of their Aus offices...