Need help on assessing options regarding subclass 482 TSS Visa

Duff1990

Hi I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure if I've posted this in the right place.

I recently came back from holiday to Melbourne and I just fell in love with the place. I've been looking at my options for moving there and I'm not sure if I have the right qualifications for 2 job profiles on the TSS occupation list. These are (ICT Sales Representatives) and (Sales and Marketing Managers).

My job in the UK is Business Development Associate for a Web Automation startup company and whilst this is in the tech space, I'm pretty certain this doesn't fall under the ICT bracket, since ICT (at least in the UK) refers to computing services. I'm also not currently a sales manager but I believe I am ready to make that step up. 

I would really love to work for a technology startup in Melbourne but I don't quite know if I am just clutching at a pipe dream or whether I genuinely have a chance. I know there is the working holiday visa but I would really love to have some continuity to my career where I can stay within the technology startup space.

Can anyone advise me on how to approach this, or better still give me some indication as to whether I have a chance?

Really appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Arun

Your big hurdle is that you can't get a 482 unless you can find an employer to sponsor you.  What do you think the chances are of an employer offering you a job when you're overseas?

I'd say your best option is to go for the WHV.   That will give you a year in Melbourne to make contacts in the industry.   

Even better - if you're young enough to delay the WHV for a year or two, look for a job as a Sales Manager in the UK, do that for a couple of years, then go on your WHV.  That way you'll be ready to accept any job offers that come your way while you're on the WHV.

‘ICT SALES PROFESSIONALS manage client accounts and represent companies in selling a range of computer hardware, software and other ICT goods and services to industrial, business, professional and other organisations.

Indicative Skill Level:
In Australia and New Zealand:

Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).“

https://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/ABS@.NSF/Product+Lookup/1220.0~2006~Chapter~UNIT+GROUP+2252+ICT+Sales+Professionals

Manager” roles are generally corporate level management roles, so this seems not to fit based on your post. 

WHV would give you the option of making contacts and also making sure it was the right move. You can work for anyone for up to 6 months on the WHV. 

• Like 1