Future plans to migrate to Australia - As a Biologist/or Marine Biologist

WrecklerUK

Hi all,

Would really appreciate some help. So 2 years ago I travelled Australia as you do on a WHV and absolutely loved it and have missed Australia so much ever since. It's really been in my heart ever since I left. I've just started university this year to pursue a degree in Biological Sciences in London hoping that it will give me more freedom to migrate one day (And I love what I'm studying now, which also helps😅). 

I've looked on the ANZCO search and Life scientist holds some subclass 190 visas, and other types. The only thing I'm unsure of is if I can migrate as soon as I've graduated? It doesn't mention anything about experience. It just asks for a bachelor degree. Just want to confirm this if anybody knows..

Any help would be appreciated or if someone has done similar could they share their experiences..

Best,
Reece

what a great career you have chose, certainly Oz and the near pacific will provide you with a rich landscape to work in,  only advice I'd say is to start now,   commence your application and proceed as well as you can, don't listen to people who will say you can't or it's too expensive, it isn't and it's not relative to what other people on this planet are suffering.

Only issue is that industrialisation can often be on an immense and frighteningly depressive scale  in Oz  (Fish farming,  Zinc mining - slurry,  oil and mining ) and do gigantic damage that is very often not made visible to the public.

Subclass 190 might also tie you to an area, i.e.  Adelaide, which may or may not have anything to do with your degree or expertise so you'll have to get to Oz, wait a few years and then move to a place that is more suitable to you.

Don't be afraid of the application process, it's somewhat easier than the UK, Irish and Canadian one

In a word. No. You can not apply for a visa on that occupation immediately after graduation. You will need two to three years experience in order to pass the skills assessment. 

Also, if an occupation is only available for a 190, you would require state sponsorship, so you would need a state to sponsor your application. You will need to check when the time comes if any states are sponsoring or even if the occupation is still eligible as the lists change regularly