Citizenship help

Ciaran

Hi all I'm wondering if someone can help. 

I applied for my citizenship on the 30 June 2018. I got my email yesterday asking me to go for a test January 23rd which made my day. 

However I relocated to Sydney 4 weeks ago and I haven't changed my address yet on my application. 

I'm just curious if I change it today would it have any implications on my test date? 

It's kinda stressing me out. I'm so close! 

Many thanks Ciaran.

The citizenship appointment email has the details of the location where your citizenship interview and test will take place.

Where were you located before moving to Sydney? Were you in NSW or were you in another state? If you were located in another state then it is almost certain that your citizenship appointment will be in the state where you used to live before relocating to Sydney.

I think if you inform DoHA now of your new address, then they will cancel your appointment in the ACT and book a new appointment for you in NSW, which may or may not cause delays (really depends on the availability of appointments in NSW).

If I were you & assuming you have no issues attending the appointment in the ACT, I will do the citizenship test & interview in the ACT, and I will bring to the interview the proof of the new residence in NSW (can be a utility bill or your NSW driver licnece) so that the interviewer will update the system accordingly. This will ensure that you will have your citizenship ceremony in your council in NSW.

BTW, you can reschedule your existing appointment via this website https://appointments.homeaffairs.gov.au/login. You may be able to find an available appointment before 23 Jan 2020. However, you cannot relocate your appointment from the ACT to NSW using the website I mentioned (only DoHA staff can do that).

Yeah that's what I am worried about them changing and delaying the test date I'm going to do what you said and just go the the interview in the act and then inform them of the change of address. I read that they send the letter of ceremony date via mail. Do you know if you also get an email because if I got an email I'd be sweet. 

P.s thanks for your help.