RN EOI WITH 70 POINTS,75 POINTS BY JANUARY , HAVENT ADDED 10 POINTS FOR BEING SINGLE

hailey

Hi,

I am an RN who has applied for EOI with 70 points at present. I will have additional 5 points by end of december as i will have 5 points for experience. I have not added 10 points for being single as i am getting married in January to an Australian PR holder. I am an offshore applicant. I don't want to apply for spouse visa as it will take about 3 years to be processed given the current processing time. wish to go by 189 visa. Could someone please help me explore my visa options. All i want is to be with my husband ASAP. 

14 hours ago, hailey said:

Hi,

I am an RN who has applied for EOI with 70 points at present. I will have additional 5 points by end of december as i will have 5 points for experience. I have not added 10 points for being single as i am getting married in January to an Australian PR holder. I am an offshore applicant. I don't want to apply for spouse visa as it will take about 3 years to be processed given the current processing time. wish to go by 189 visa. Could someone please help me explore my visa options. All i want is to be with my husband ASAP. 

189 visa has currently processing time set at 18-33 months so not really a fast route. I'd think about 190 but the wait is still quite long currently. 

• Like 1

If you can get here and apply onshore for a partner visa, then you can be together here.

If your partner is an Australian permanent resident you will get 10 points for this on the points test (same as no partner).

It would probably be worthwhile having a conversation with a Registered Migration Agent to explore your options.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2019 at 04:51, paulhand said:

If you can get here and apply onshore for a partner visa, then you can be together here.

If your partner is an Australian permanent resident you will get 10 points for this on the points test (same as no partner).

It would probably be worthwhile having a conversation with a Registered Migration Agent to explore your options.

Hi, Thanks a million for replying. I read somewhere that I can't claim points from partner if the partner is a PR holder. How can i get to australia without a visa to apply onshore for a partner visa?

5 minutes ago, hailey said:

Hi, Thanks a million for replying. I read somewhere that I can't claim points from partner if the partner is a PR holder. How can i get to australia without a visa to apply onshore for a partner visa?

What about you?. Have you been granted visa or are still awaiting?

8 hours ago, hailey said:

I read somewhere that I can't claim points from partner if the partner is a PR holder. How can i get to australia without a visa to apply onshore for a partner visa?

Wherever you read that is wrong - this is what the legislation says:

6D112

Either:

(a)  the applicant does not have a spouse or de facto partner; or

(b)  the applicant has a spouse or de facto partner who is an Australian permanent resident or an Australian citizen

I would suggest that you have a discussion with a Registered Migration Agent to understand the options that you may have available to you.

10 hours ago, paulhand said:

Wherever you read that is wrong - this is what the legislation says:

6D112

Either:

(a)  the applicant does not have a spouse or de facto partner; or

(b)  the applicant has a spouse or de facto partner who is an Australian permanent resident or an Australian citizen

I would suggest that you have a discussion with a Registered Migration Agent to understand the options that you may have available to you.

Thanks a million for explaining.