Partner visa and Centrelink

Guest Kiki

Hi guys . So me and my partner have been together since 2015 . She moved in with me in 2016 but told Centrelink in 2017 that my moved in 2017 as we didn’t update details with Centrelink . So Centrelink don’t know we have been in de facto since 2017-2019 . We got married September this year 2019 . They know where married but don’t know about that de facto.  Should my partner go to Centrelink and tell them about this and tell them it was a genuine mistake and we will pay it back . If we tell Centrelink it was a mistake before we lodge our partner visa application will that help at all ? We are a genuine couple we have lease agreements , wedding ring insurance . Phone bills , house bills . And we both have membership at gym starting on the same day starting in 2017 . Also when I go offshore to lodge my partner visa my partner wants to come with me.  Will this help price it’s genuine as well ? Thanks x

You have started multiple threads on the same topic - you need to get professional advice from an agent (those who post regularly on here come recommended by others).  Technically, you have committed benefit fraud by not declaring to centre link for 2 years.

• Like 1

I'm also confused because the poster called Kiki talks about my husband then in another post talks about my wife.  Difficult to understand exactly what is going on with them.

They should be very careful about benefit fraud.  All people on benefits should declare honestly what is happening in their lives.  Hopefully Kiki (Mr or Mrs) manages to sort this mess out.

If we tell Centrelink will it make it better for the visa ? Yeah I know it’s fraud . We only just found out . We want to do the right thing and pay it back . 

7 minutes ago, Kiki said:

If we tell Centrelink will it make it better for the visa ? Yeah I know it’s fraud . We only just found out . We want to do the right thing and pay it back . 

The consistent answer you're getting Kiki - is that we don't know how this will effect your visa application and you need to speak to a registered migration agent to help you navigate this,  Even if you pay the money back - I imagine that legal action can still be sought by centrelink (if they did or not that would be up to them) and if immigration checked, despite having paid the money back, there would still be evidence that you'd claimed (technically) to be single whilst in a defacto relationship.  The evidence you provide will contradict the evidence available at centrelink (a government department).  The majority of members will only be guessing what an outcome might be - which is why you need to seek the advice of a professional who can help you.