Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


100/309 visa applied for in UK sept 19 but moving to australia soon

Recommended Posts


I applied for a partner /spousal visa 100/309 in the UK in sept 2019

But I will be going to Australia to work on a 407 training visa in Jan 2020 .   

Do I need to be in the UK to have the partner visa granted or can it be granted whilst I am residing in Australia ???   

I've paid up for the 100/ 309   .  really hope I don't need to apply again in Australia for the 820/801




Edited by Cityjune

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to be offshore but not back in the UK. Advise them of your travel.  You will be asked to provide details of an offshore trip (Bali is popular!) when your visa is ready to grant. You will need to be offshore long enough for this to happen, usually 10 days is ample.  The visa will then be activated when you return to Australia and will replace any visa you hold.  How long is the 407 visa?  Will it last long enough?

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 407 is for a year and an option to extend for another year so should be long enough thank goodness.  

Thanks for your help.  Look forward to a nice holiday in Bali  or Japan maybe




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now