register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

mcope

Can I change the dates of my WHV?

Hi,

I'm 31 in April, and have a WHV which expires in Dec 19. However, I am not able to use this visa because I have a work contract until September 2020. Is there any way I could change the dates of my visa, so I could arrive in September 2020, when I am 31?

Thanks

I doubt it, and be very sure to triple check any advice you do get, especially from Immigration.    I know someone who wanted to delay their WHV.  He rang the helpline for advice and was told he would have to cancel his existing WHV and apply with the new dates.   However when he did reapply, he discovered he'd been given the wrong advice - you only get one WHV and if you cancel it, you can't get another one. So he missed out.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Thank you. I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere! Would ringing the embassy in the UK be any help, or would I have to make a long-distance call to Oz? I cannot find a way to email Immi

You can’t change the dates on your existing visa but If you haven’t used the visa to enter Australia then you should be able to get another one, which would give you another year to enter. You need to be under 31 at the time you apply and at the time a decision is made. 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post.