register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Burnsie

New 491 - Family Sponsorship Question!

Hi everyone

So after a failed visa application this year, we are ready to go again but before getting our hopes up does anyone know if...

my biological mother (Aus citizen) will be able to sponsor me? 🤞

Thanks for any thoughts...

Submissions: EOI 26/10/18, Visa Invite 11/11/18, Visa submitted 19/12/18, Medicals 29/01/19,... the wait 😫🤞

I just wanted to say fingers crossed for you Burnsie. I've felt the pain for you when they refused. 

Good Luck! 🤞🤞🤞

31/5 - 26/7/2018 - Monash University bridging program for internationally qualified nurses, 5/8/2018 - APHRA registration, 12/9/2018 - ANMAC modified skill assessment, 18/2/2019 - PTE Academic overal score 88 (R 83, L 90, W 81, S 90), 21/2/2019 - EOI for 189 and for 190 visa (NSW, VIC) lodged, 25/2/2019 - VIC 190 state nomination pre-invitation received (65+5 points, Registered Nurse (surgical) ANZSCO 254424), 03/04/2019 invitation received after submitting comittment letter to VIC government, 30/05/2019 application for VIC 190 submitted 25/11/2019 VISA GRANTED!!

You really should be employing a good migration agent.

Family sponsorship is not simple. Yes, a mother can sponsor. But, the 489 I snow effectively abolished and being replaced and none of us amateurs are at all clear on the replacement. If it runs like that 489, it isn't an easy thing. In effect, you would still need to pass the same issues as a 189, but with added criteria based on where your mother lives as it must be in a designated area. 

I think you need to contact a good migration agent. There are few good ones who post here regularly please get in touch with them before you proceed.  @Raul Senise @paulhand

IELTS 07/22 R 7.5 W 8.5 S 8.0 L 8.5 O 8.0| Positive Assessment on 10/12 | SA SS Online 10/19 | SA Docs Recvd. 11/02 | SA SS Approved 11/18 | 176 lodged 11/30 | PCC and Medicals requested 12/05 | Meds Finalzed 09/01 | PCC met 31/01 | Visa Granted 02/01

My Blog

If your biological mother is an Aus citizen can you claim citizenship by descent? When did she become a citizen? 

Sorry if that’s been asked before.

Due to escalating bills and budgetary cuts in the NHS, unfortunately, the light at the end of the tunnel has had to be switched off.

24 minutes ago, Wonderingaloud said:

If your biological mother is an Aus citizen can you claim citizenship by descent? When did she become a citizen? 

Sorry if that’s been asked before.

I think the biological mother has to be an Australian citizen at the time of your birth.  Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

On 13/11/2019 at 04:14, VERYSTORMY said:

You really should be employing a good migration agent.

Family sponsorship is not simple. Yes, a mother can sponsor. But, the 489 I snow effectively abolished and being replaced and none of us amateurs are at all clear on the replacement. If it runs like that 489, it isn't an easy thing. In effect, you would still need to pass the same issues as a 189, but with added criteria based on where your mother lives as it must be in a designated area. 

Hi VERYSTORMY,

This a thing that is actually confusing me as it's not clear on their website. I would like to sponsor my brother on 491 visa but not too sure if they require me (a sponsor) to live in a designated regional area or just designated area. On 489, there was an explanation what designated areas are, but that piece of information is missing now.  So question is : Is Designated Area same or different to Designated Regional Area?

Thanks

Designated Regional Area

The postcodes that constitute regional Australia and the eligible campuses that fall within those postcodes are specified in an instrument (LIN 19/217: Regional Areas Instrument 2019) for the purposes of paragraph 6D101 of Part 6D.10 of the regulations. This instrument applies to any relevant application that did not have an assessed score prior to 16 November 2019 when the current instrument came into effect.

Edited by wrussell
format

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com