What if I get married while my PMV is still waiting to be processed?

DamoC

Hi,

I have applied for my subclass 309 visa and have a date set to get married in May 2020. What if anything do I need to do if my visa hasn’t been processed by then? Is it a case of uploading the marriage certificate and waiting? Or do I need to apply for a different visa? Will there be any more costs involved? 
Any help and advice would be appreciated. 

I didn't think you could get married before a PMV had been granted.  My assumption (but not migration law) would be that you were no longer eligible for the PMV (because you had actually married) and would therefore have to apply for the partner visa. Best to check this out with a registered migration agent as to the implications 

• Thanks 1

A 309 is not a “PMV”. If you mean you have  applied for a subclass 300 PMV, then as Ali says, it cannot be granted if you have already married. Easier not to get married, but if you do, the application becomes a 309 application, but there are some hoops, so professional assistance would be a good idea if this is the case. If you have applied for a 309, then just use the change of circumstances form and upload the evidence. 

Edited by paulhand