Parent Sponsor - Redundancy

purplealster

I have already posted this in the parent visa section, but thought it may have more of audience here as I am sure the Financial Sponsor question would apply to all family visas.

Hi Everyone!

My mother has a 143 queue date of the 16th September 2016. She would like to apply for the 870 visa - 3 year validity. I know that the sponsor has to be approved before the visa gets applied for. This is no problem - however my spouse has just been made redundant and they are the main financial earner in our household. The information on the immi site says that the income test needs to be passed and this is based on last financial year's tax statement. Do they ask for any other information pertaining to current employment such as proof of employment? A job should be found job fairly quickly, so that is not a concern but as we all know, after years and years of waiting, we are keen to get Mum here so would like to get the ball rolling asap.

Another question I have is regarding sponsorship of more than one  parent. If for e.g my brother in law sponsors my mum instead, would he be able to sponsor his mum at a later stage too? 

Many Thanks in advance for any help received!