You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

DamoC

How many times can I use an ETA in a year?

Hi,

can anyone confirm how many times and how often I can apply and get an ETA. I visited the Gold Coast for a 2 week holiday in September this year. I’m looking at visiting again for 2 weeks in Feb 2020 before going back out again for 3 weeks at the start of May 2020?

Can this be done legally as I don’t want to be refused entry for visiting too many times in 8 months. 
Many thanks in advance

There’s no official limit. There’s no law against taking frequent short holidays. They might start refusing you if they suspect you’re using the visits to work or to find work. After all, not many people can afford to take so many holidays in such a short time

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Sometimes they get a touch snaky after 2 or 3 visits and threaten visitors with dire outcomes.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. I’m hoping to only need an ETA in Feb as waiting on a 309 visa to be granted but I know they are taking an age to be checked and approved so just wanting to make sure I didn’t over do the ETA applications.

plus who enjoys the jet lag for the week after you are back in the cold and dark of the UK? 😳

Thanks again for your advice and comments. 

Before I moved to Australia, I used an ETA 3 times within a similar timeframe as yours (Sept, Dec, May), and no questions were asked.  But it's possible you will be questioned why so many trips in a short span of time.  Usually their concern is whether you are complying with the conditions (no work) or will overstay.