Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

S&J

PGCE & SCITT Secondary help please!!!

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone

Please can someone help me with my  Skills Assessment applicaton to AITSL. I am a secondary teacher with 3 years experience, I completed my PGCE with a University alongside doing a SCITT with a teacher training organisation at the same time. It was a joint course where the university and the teacher training organisation worked together. 

I completed my PGCE which consisted of three modules each worth 20 credits and my supervised teaching practice (45 days plus) at a secondary school was completed through the SCITT.

I am worried I will not be accepted by the AITSL as my 45 days + surpervised teaching practice was not completed wthin the PGCE but within the SCITT. After checking the AITLS website it says that they require a transcript from the University outlining my supervised teaching practice. I have this from the Teacher Training Organisation who ran my SCITT but not the University who provided the PGCE as they wont provide me with one.

Has anyone had any experience of completing their skills assessment witihin the same circumstances or have any advice they can give me? 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @S&J

 

I Would love to know how you are getting on with this. As I am having the exact same issue and Chichester University will not write a transcript for me. 

Stressing out big time. Very similar situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/10/2019 at 00:56, S&J said:

Hello everyone

Please can someone help me with my  Skills Assessment applicaton to AITSL. I am a secondary teacher with 3 years experience, I completed my PGCE with a University alongside doing a SCITT with a teacher training organisation at the same time. It was a joint course where the university and the teacher training organisation worked together. 

I completed my PGCE which consisted of three modules each worth 20 credits and my supervised teaching practice (45 days plus) at a secondary school was completed through the SCITT.

I am worried I will not be accepted by the AITSL as my 45 days + surpervised teaching practice was not completed wthin the PGCE but within the SCITT. After checking the AITLS website it says that they require a transcript from the University outlining my supervised teaching practice. I have this from the Teacher Training Organisation who ran my SCITT but not the University who provided the PGCE as they wont provide me with one.

Has anyone had any experience of completing their skills assessment witihin the same circumstances or have any advice they can give me? 

Thanks

I've recently done my skills test and my friend did at the same time.

I did my PGCE through a University and my friend did it with a University along a SCITT. I got mine approved and his was rejected.

I'm so sorry to tell you this, but didn't want you spending all that money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello 

 

did your friend who was rejected submit a letter on university letterhead explaining the SCITT was alongside PGCE? 
 

Really appreciate your help! Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TJC_UK said:

Hi @S&J

 

I Would love to know how you are getting on with this. As I am having the exact same issue and Chichester University will not write a transcript for me. 

Stressing out big time. Very similar situation. 

Hi, not very well I can’t get one either the university are very reluctant to help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lambert said:

I've recently done my skills test and my friend did at the same time.

I did my PGCE through a University and my friend did it with a University along a SCITT. I got mine approved and his was rejected.

I'm so sorry to tell you this, but didn't want you spending all that money

anecdotal.

My other half who is the primary holder of the PR we RECEIVED did a SCITT along with Secondary Maths Teacher PGCE. All she asked was for the University to send transcripts along with an outline of the programme. no question was made of it.

Out of interest, @Lambert, are you certain your friend did not receive their visa SPECIFICALLY due to the SCITT and nothing else could have been the reason?

 

@S&J have a chat with a MARA agent


Melbourne... ahhhhhh😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, the issue I have is that the SCITT wasn’t organised or assessed by the University but by Essex Teacher training instead this is why the Uni won’t write a transcript or letter even though it is part of the PGCE. 
 

I was thinking of talking to a migration agent but they aren’t experts in Teacher skills assessment and are more general I thought? 

Edited by S&J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, S&J said:

Thank you, the issue I have is that the SCITT wasn’t organised or assessed by the University but by Essex Teacher training instead this is why the Uni won’t write a transcript or letter even though it is part of the PGCE. 
 

I was thinking of talking to a migration agent but they aren’t experts in Teacher skills assessment and are more general I thought? 

Incorrect. In fact these are the very type of issues good migrations agents are for. They ARE experts in skills assessments. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/11/2019 at 08:50, S&J said:

Hi, not very well I can’t get one either the university are very reluctant to help!

Any further luck? 

I'm actually so shocked they cannot just write a letter that states how many days I was in school and that I can teach 11 - 18 year olds. I am heading down to the university today to try and resolve this issue. 

My agent has even given my example letters, it is basically 3/4 sentences that I need on a University letterhead. 

Let me know how you are getting on as I'd be very interested to know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×