You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

RandL

moving back to UK ...... Quarantine rules ??

Hi,

we are going back to the UK and apart from the usual stuff also thinking of taking  our lawn mower, brush cutter and other garden tools with us .

do we need to scrub the items as rigorously as  we had to coming back to  Australia or are the quarantine rules  a bit more relaxed going that way ??

We have done that route before and didn't have to do anything special  6  years back.

We know that you now have to fill out a TOR form but not sure about Quarantine ??

Please don't tell me i have to bath in Jeyes fluid again  .

Any info would be very much appreciated

Many Thanks

29 minutes ago, RandL said:

Hi,

we are going back to the UK and apart from the usual stuff also thinking of taking  our lawn mower, brush cutter and other garden tools with us .

do we need to scrub the items as rigorously as  we had to coming back to  Australia or are the quarantine rules  a bit more relaxed going that way ??

We have done that route before and didn't have to do anything special  6  years back.

We know that you now have to fill out a TOR form but not sure about Quarantine ??

Please don't tell me i have to bath in Jeyes fluid again  .

Any info would be very much appreciated

Many Thanks

No, less stringent in my experience. Just clean it up so it’s not covered in crap should be enough! UK is more interested in what they can charge you VAT on! 😄

• Like 1