Educational requirements for occupational therapist from overseas who are willing to be registered occupational therapist in australia and to work there

Hello! I am an occupational therapist residing and working here in the Philippines for two years post licensure qualification in occupational therapy. I also graduate here in the Philippines. My concern is, do I need to take Masters degree in occupatiobal therapy even though I have finished Bachelors degree in Occupational Therapy in my home country? And what degrees are recognized by the australian OT organization in order to be eligible? Is it alirght if I will take up Masters degree he in the Philippines if in case I need to have one? Plus I am planning to take IELTS and hoping to obtain band 7 on all areas. Thank you so much! Hope i could get a response so that I know what to do next. Thank you :)

As long as your qualifying course was approved by the WFOT, it doesn't matter if you've got a BSc or an MSc. A post-registration MSc is not required and does not give you additional points. You can check all approved programmes here:

https://www.wfot.org/programmes/education/wfot-approved-education-programmes

The OT Council of Australia assesses skills for immigration purposes and they have a step by step guide on their website.

40 minutes ago, Clarizze Pagcaliwangan said:

Okay then, can i consult with you? So that as early as now I could begin step by step and know what i needed to do. Thank you. 

Certainly!

If you go to my website pinoyau.com and use the contact form, I shall have a look at your case.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Alma said:

Consulting an agent is always a good idea.

You could also contact the OT Council and ask if there are any bridging programmes that you could perhaps complete in Australia to become eligible for registration.

Thank you so much for the response Ms. Alma. Now I am more enlightened. Regards. 

• 3 weeks later...