Going home soon (Personal Diary?)

Vickie78

On 10/02/2020 at 20:31, Vickie78 said:

Well today was fun, Seven Seas called me and basically told me I Booked the wrong thing, and that I Needed a move cube... Eh? That's what I booked.. Nope stupid me booked single box service....

I feel so bad now, i wish I had said something when you posted your quote!   I thought it was really, really weird that they had quoted you based on the number of boxes instead of the size of the Movecube. Sorry, I hope it all works out.

14 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I feel so bad now, i wish I had said something when you posted your quote!   I thought it was really, really weird that they had quoted you based on the number of boxes instead of the size of the Movecube. Sorry, I hope it all works out.

Not your fault at all,  to be fair when I dd the quote the options were something like I have small stuff to move or large stuff to move, I went with small, but it didn't actually say Movecube anywhere. 

Ah well it worked out in the end 😉 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, Senfield said:

I have permanent residency & therefore cannot leave until the restrictions have been lifted.

You are allowed to leave but you have to apply for an exemption first.  I don't think it will be an issue if you can prove you are leaving the country for good.

1 hour ago, Senfield said:

From what I have read, I would not meet the criteria for exemption. 

You can’t go home for a visit if that’s what you’re planning, but there’s at least one other member here who’s moving home permanently and they’re able to go.

It could be next year before restrictions are eased so would be worth looking into it thoroughly 

Edited by Marisawright

1 hour ago, Senfield said:

I want too return permanently but had not made any concrete plans. If anyone has any information which would suggest I could return whilst restrictions are in place, would be appreciated. 

Here's the relevant information:

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia

It is a bit confusing, because it doesn't give "moving permanently" as a valid reason.  However, you'll notice that under "evidence", one of the things you can offer is "proof that you are moving to another country on a long term basis such as leases, job offers and evidence your goods are being transported".  

I'd say you would apply either under "urgent and unavoidable business" (you have arranged to relocate) or "compassionate grounds"(because you're returning to be with family).