190 visa - teacher help?

Lambert

Hi,

My skills assessment has just come back and I’m ready to submit EOI. I already work as a full time teacher on a temp visa in QLD and would love to stay in this region. I understand that 190’s are closed at the moment but it says it will open again.

Whenever researching the QSOL some have secondary teacher on there and some don’t? Does anyone have an idea on this?

I’m going to apply for Victoria too as I would just need a job offer first, whereas NSW seems impossible. 

Thanks got any advice in advance 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lambert said:

Hi,

My skills assessment has just come back and I’m ready to submit EOI. I already work as a full time teacher on a temp visa in QLD and would love to stay in this region. I understand that 190’s are closed at the moment but it says it will open again.

Whenever researching the QSOL some have secondary teacher on there and some don’t? Does anyone have an idea on this?

I’m going to apply for Victoria too as I would just need a job offer first, whereas NSW seems impossible. 

Thanks got any advice in advance 

Congrats on the positive assessment. How long did AITSL take to process it?

11 minutes ago, Lambert said:

Hey. 

Thanks. It took 12 weeks to come back, that was with no extra info. Waiting on yours?

Yep, waiting on mine, submitted 2 weeks ago. So are you currently working as a teacher in Queensland ? Best option right now is the new regional visa to south Australia. Seems like they would be sending a lot of invites so as to meet the quotas. 

7 hours ago, Areyousure said:

Yep, waiting on mine, submitted 2 weeks ago. So are you currently working as a teacher in Queensland ? Best option right now is the new regional visa to south Australia. Seems like they would be sending a lot of invites so as to meet the quotas. 

Hopefully it won’t be too long. Fingers crossed for you! 

Yes, I already teach in Queensland on a temp visa. I’m hoping to get a 190 for QLD as I already live and work here. Are regional visas permanent? South Australia regional would be quite tough (school wise). 

Any advice you need let me know 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lambert said:

Hopefully it won’t be too long. Fingers crossed for you! 

Yes, I already teach in Queensland on a temp visa. I’m hoping to get a 190 for QLD as I already live and work here. Are regional visas permanent? South Australia regional would be quite tough (school wise). 

Any advice you need let me know 

it leads to permanent visa once u live and work in that area for 3 years. With the recent changes, regional visas seems like that only possible option for a majority of people tbh. And best thing about south australia is that Adelaide is considered regional, with a population of 1.3 million. 

Edited by Areyousure

2 hours ago, Areyousure said:

it leads to permanent visa once u live and work in that area for 3 years. With the recent changes, regional visas seems like that only possible option for a majority of people tbh. And best thing about south australia is that Adelaide is considered regional, with a population of 1.3 million. 

Ahhh that’s amazing! So would that be the 491 visa? 

• 2 months later...

Congrats!!

I'm looking at 190 in Victoria.

Are you a registered teacher in QLD? And you got an AITSL skills assessment too to be eligible for the Visa? I'm fully registered with the VIT but wondered if I would need to get the skills assessment with AITSL too to be able to apply for 190! 

On 20/10/2019 at 23:48, Lambert said:

Hey. 

Thanks. It took 12 weeks to come back, that was with no extra info. Waiting on yours?

44 minutes ago, farrar said:

Congrats!!

I'm looking at 190 in Victoria.

Are you a registered teacher in QLD? And you got an AITSL skills assessment too to be eligible for the Visa? I'm fully registered with the VIT but wondered if I would need to get the skills assessment with AITSL too to be able to apply for 190! 

Hey,

Yeah fully registered with QLD and actually working as a teacher here. I’ve already been invited for my PR visa but needed skills assessment first.