register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

dejani

I have 482 but I need to find a new job

Hi,

I have a 482 visa and the employer that sponsored me has unfortunately lost a job contract just before I started my first day and I need to find a new employer who will take over sponsorship or sponsor me. I work with IT as Project Manager.
As you all know I have two months to find a new sponsor. And I'm starting to panic. Doesn't mater what state or city, I just want to find a job.

Please share your experience and how my chances look like for the moment?

All help is highly appreciated.

Nobody here can help you find employment. You just need to keep job hunting and hope they’ll take the sponsorship over. Can the company who sponsored you help by suggesting other companies in the same line of work perhaps?

Best of luck to you

• Like 1

Due to escalating bills and budgetary cuts in the NHS, unfortunately, the light at the end of the tunnel has had to be switched off.

Thanks on your answer @Wonderingaloud . I see that I haven't formulated my question in the right way. I was not looking for a job/employment.
I wanted to ask for others experience when they have been in the same situation.

How does it work?

How did it go for them/you? 

What is the best thing to do?

I hope I'm more clear now.   🙂 

I had a lot of friends lose their jobs while on the 457, which was the predecessor of the 482. Most ended up leaving Oz. My advice is, you should start planning that is may well be the case for yourself. 

A new employer cannot 'take over' a sponsorship.

It might pay you to consult a registered migration agent for advice about possible strategies.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

While you may find others who have successfully found a new sponsor after losing their job, it will likely be quite dependent on the occupation as employers may prefer to hire someone who already has unrestricted work rights.  IT Project Managers are plentiful in Australia so yours may be a more difficult situation, so consulting a migration agent may be good to help see what options are best for you.