Veronica1988

TSS 482

I am applying for a TSS Medium Term Stream 482 visa. 

My prospective employer has applied and I am waiting for my agent to send my paperwork.

My problem is that as a nurse, I qualified with an advanced diploma in 2010. I topped up to a degree in June 2017 so that I could work in AU. I have received a job offer etc as I have been working full time since 2011. I came to AU in October 2018 and have since been working part time as a casual employee. My agent tells me that it is required that I have 2 years full time experience since June 2017 when I got my degree. I worked full time in UK for roughly 1y 3months and casual part time for the last year. 

Does anyone know of a similar situation where previous work for over 5 years (though I didn't have a degree) is acceptable for immigration?

Veronica

Pretty sure for nursing you need a degree and any experience you claim has to be  counted AFTER this. 

Due to escalating bills and budgetary cuts in the NHS, unfortunately, the light at the end of the tunnel has had to be switched off.

Would they even take into account that i have been working at their skill level (for a critical care nurse) for a minimum of three years?

I don’t think so. I know for some professions you can claim experience concurrent with the skill level they expect without having the qualifications, but for nursing I think you need post degree qualification experience. 

There may be somebody to clarify that, or better still run it past a migration agent to be certain. 

Due to escalating bills and budgetary cuts in the NHS, unfortunately, the light at the end of the tunnel has had to be switched off.