Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Pinklady

Timeline how long from skills assessment to visa

Recommended Posts

At very early stages of getting all qualifications together for skills assessment with AITSL for teacher and partner electrician 

 

people who have been in a similar position how long was the process in total from skills assessment to the final piece of the jigsaw? Also costs would be handy 

 

many thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on how many points you have as that will determine time to invitation ... 


____________________________________________________________________

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pinklady said:

At very early stages of getting all qualifications together for skills assessment with AITSL for teacher and partner electrician 

 

people who have been in a similar position how long was the process in total from skills assessment to the final piece of the jigsaw? Also costs would be handy 

 

many thanks 

Hi Pinklady

Cost for a family of 4 with me being the main applicant has been:

2 x IELTS tests: £320

Skill Assessment for metal fab: £1600

EOI to SA: £100

Visa fees: £4150

Medicals (when we do them): £800

Police checks (when we do them): £100

I started the process last June but dragged my heels a little as we dont want to move until next August. 

My skill assessment took 4 months to complete.

My EOI took 4 weeks to be accepted for a 190visa to SA.

Then I finally submitted my visa at the end of April this year with no CO contact as of yet.

Which visa are you looking at and are you doing both skill assessments? If you are you could be adding unnecessary costs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The costs have increased a little as we are just going through the process just now.

 

My husband is the main applicant and a plumber and we are a family of 5.

 

skills assessment 3000 pounds for stage 1 and 2 😱 I’m not sure if this varies for different occupations.

 

my husband had to do a first aid course for his skills assessment this was a couple of hundred pounds. 

 

visas for a family of 5  are to be 5225 pounds.

 

agent 2600 pounds

 

pte exam 155 per shot (we have had quite a few)

 

we have not done our medical or police checks so have not looked into the price of these if they have increased. 

 

The costs are fairly stacking up and I believe it’s getting more expensive every year.

 

We employed an agent in June. We dragged our heels a little with the first stage of the skills assessment which was for us creating a portfolio of my husbands work, it was just bad timing with our holidays and he had a lot of time off work booked at that period or else we could have got this done quicker. He also had to get all of his employment evidence, evidence of pay ect which wasn’t too tricky as he has had one long term employment rather than a few. He got this handed in at the end of August start of September and passed fairly quickly after that, maybe 10 days for his positive outcome for stage 2. He has a date for 31st October for stage 2. Hopefully this is also a positive outcome then we are ready to submit our EOI.

Are you doing a joint application? The skills assessments could be fairly pricey. I would think your husband would definitely have to do it as he is an electrician which like a plumber I believe to be a licensed trade in Australia and will require gap training over there.   

Amy

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your skills assessment costs will very depending n what skill it is and who the assessing body are.

Visa costs vary depending on which visa and how many dependents you have

Every agent has their own fee schedule

Medical costs vary depending on where you go and whether any extra tests are needed.

You then need to factor in registration and licensing costs, especially for an electrician 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Lavers said:

Hi Pinklady

Cost for a family of 4 with me being the main applicant has been:

2 x IELTS tests: £320

Skill Assessment for metal fab: £1600

EOI to SA: £100

Visa fees: £4150

Medicals (when we do them): £800

Police checks (when we do them): £100

I started the process last June but dragged my heels a little as we dont want to move until next August. 

My skill assessment took 4 months to complete.

My EOI took 4 weeks to be accepted for a 190visa to SA.

Then I finally submitted my visa at the end of April this year with no CO contact as of yet.

Which visa are you looking at and are you doing both skill assessments? If you are you could be adding unnecessary costs.

Our medicals are £315 each - where are you going as it seems cheaper, or have you got some under 15s with you (they are cheaper)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone 

 

thanks for reply we will both need our skills checking won’t we ? We provisionally have 80 points each if we sit the English exam.... we would be applying for WA Perth 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

Our medicals are £315 each - where are you going as it seems cheaper, or have you got some under 15s with you (they are cheaper)

2 adults, a 9yr old and a 4yr old.

Going to manchester to do them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pinklady said:

Hi everyone 

 

thanks for reply we will both need our skills checking won’t we ? We provisionally have 80 points each if we sit the English exam.... we would be applying for WA Perth 

Only one of you need to apply if your on 80 points each.

If you do a joint application I think you only get 5 extra points. So you would be going in with 85 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Lavers said:

Only one of you need to apply if your on 80 points each.

If you do a joint application I think you only get 5 extra points. So you would be going in with 85 points.

This will go up to 10 points after the November changes to SkillSelect; but so may invitation cut-offs


____________________________________________________________________

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×