Resident return visa

lesleyB

What's the chances of renewing our resident return visa if we havnt lived there in the 5 yr period? Original visa was PR as we came back after living there 3.5 yrs. Reapplied and given 5 yrs. Runs out in Aug 2020 but we have only managed a holiday within this time. Hope to get another RR to go permanently in 2021. Do u have to wait until it expires before u can apply for another? Any advice appreciated. [emoji4]

8 hours ago, lesleyB said:

What's the chances of renewing our resident return visa if we havnt lived there in the 5 yr period? Original visa was PR as we came back after living there 3.5 yrs. Reapplied and given 5 yrs. Runs out in Aug 2020 but we have only managed a holiday within this time. Hope to get another RR to go permanently in 2021. Do u have to wait until it expires before u can apply for another? Any advice appreciated. emoji4.png

You can apply at any time, and it would be much better to apply well before the current one expires. As mentioned, you need to demonstrate substantial ties to Australia, which are of benefit to Australia. It would be much better just to get back before the current visa expires and then you can remain here and build the ties you need to rollover the RRV. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response Paul and Marissa and thanks for the replies. Had problems with app.  We both worked in health care and I have kept my aus nurse reg going for past 6 years. We also have cousins and lots of friends still there and the offer of a job should we return. Kept bank account active also and heading back for hols in April 2020. Family reasons for return with my mum ill and she passed away a few months ago. No chance of making the move before 2020 when it runs out im afraid. Daughter is 19 and doesn't want to return so will remain in UK if we go back. If we do get a RR for one year again and go back 2021, what happens if say we're living there after the year runs out and we want to return to uk for a holiday? I plan on doing that every year as well as my daughter coming to see us. Hope that makes sense. Thanks, Lesley. 

1 hour ago, lesleyB said:

Sorry for the late response Paul and Marissa and thanks for the replies. Had problems with app.  We both worked in health care and I have kept my aus nurse reg going for past 6 years. We also have cousins and lots of friends still there and the offer of a job should we return. Kept bank account active also and heading back for hols in April 2020. Family reasons for return with my mum ill and she passed away a few months ago. No chance of making the move before 2020 when it runs out im afraid. Daughter is 19 and doesn't want to return so will remain in UK if we go back. If we do get a RR for one year again and go back 2021, what happens if say we're living there after the year runs out and we want to return to uk for a holiday? I plan on doing that every year as well as my daughter coming to see us. Hope that makes sense. Thanks, Lesley. 

If you got a 1 year RRV, you would need to apply for a further RRV