482 VISA Change of Sponsor (Nomination)

BB23

Hi! I am on a 482 TSS visa  (Registered Nurse) . Last week I have resigned from my employer and I am shifting to a new employer who is willing to sponsor me and my tss 482 visa. My question is, how long does it take for an accredited sponsor to transfer my nomination for me to be able to work for them? Does anyone of you have the same experience? 

Last week my new prospective employer lodged the requirements for the transfer of the nomination. Any feedback or information would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi BB, 

I  sorry you have had no replies,  I guess TSS 482 is so new not many gave transferred employer.

Is it straight forward to do?

I am also a 482 nurse and the job is not working out as well as I hoped.

Do you just get a job offer and if they are agreeable to taking over as sponsor they take over the admin side?

Did you need to do anything to your original visa online.

I hope everything works out for you x

On 11/10/2019 at 15:28, BB23 said:

Hi! I am on a 482 TSS visa  (Registered Nurse) . Last week I have resigned from my employer and I am shifting to a new employer who is willing to sponsor me and my tss 482 visa. My question is, how long does it take for an accredited sponsor to transfer my nomination for me to be able to work for them? Does anyone of you have the same experience? 

Last week my new prospective employer lodged the requirements for the transfer of the nomination. Any feedback or information would be greatly appreciated. 

For an accredited sponsor it should be quick, maybe even the same day.

3 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

For an accredited sponsor it should be quick, maybe even the ame day.

@Raul Senise

Can you help me please;

I am on 482 and have accepted another job and they have submitted the visa transfer request on the 30th of September and I have still not heard back. I see everywhere here that it is 1-3 weeks, is that right ?

I still have not told my current job that I am leaving, I need to do this ASAP (next day or two) What is the likelihood of visa transfers been rejected? It's the exact same job description, same $, similar company.

Should I wait until it gets accepted to hand in my notice? Any help at all is very much appreciated 

14 minutes ago, everton4242 said:

Should I wait until it gets accepted to hand in my notice? Any help at all is very much appreciated 

I wouldn't resign until after the transfer is completed, otherwise you may find yourself without any sponsor. 

From what I've heard, transfers are generally pretty quick so hopefully you will hear soon.

2 hours ago, everton4242 said:

@Raul Senise

Can you help me please;

I am on 482 and have accepted another job and they have submitted the visa transfer request on the 30th of September and I have still not heard back. I see everywhere here that it is 1-3 weeks, is that right ?

I still have not told my current job that I am leaving, I need to do this ASAP (next day or two) What is the likelihood of visa transfers been rejected? It's the exact same job description, same $, similar company.

The outcome of the application will depend on whether all requirements are met. The fact that its a similar position does not guarantee a favourable outcome. There are so many variables which you will not be privy to, such as Market Rate of Australians in similar roles, labour market testing, business compliance with obligations, etc.

My recommendation is not to make any irreversible decisions until the application has been finalised.

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/10/2019 at 14:35, Raul Senise said:

The outcome of the application will depend on whether all requirements are met. The fact that its a similar position does not guarantee a favourable outcome. There are so many variables which you will not be privy to, such as Market Rate of Australians in similar roles, labour market testing, business compliance with obligations, etc.

My recommendation is not to make any irreversible decisions until the application has been finalised.

@Raul Senise

Still have not heard anything from Immigration its now been 5-6 weeks. Should I be worried? Is there a certain time where they need to say Yes / No by?

Anybody else in the same situation ?

33 minutes ago, everton4242 said:

@Raul Senise

Still have not heard anything from Immigration its now been 5-6 weeks. Should I be worried? Is there a certain time where they need to say Yes / No by?

Anybody else in the same situation ?

Can you check in with the new employer to see if they have heard anything or can chase it?

Cal x