You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Travellingpom2019

S600 visa problems

I was in Australia on an e-visa, valid for 12 months (but cannot stay longer than 3 months at a time).

This visa expired May 2019.

I applied for an S600 in sept so I could extend my stay and wouldn’t have to keep leaving every 3 months.

I got the S600 granted today and it’s onky for 3 months and says I have to leave by 9th January 

Could it be correct that the case worker approving my visa would shorter my trip rather than extend? It doesn’t seem right and I can’t find anyone at immigration who can help me 

thanks 

13 hours ago, Travellingpom2019 said:

I was in Australia on an e-visa, valid for 12 months (but cannot stay longer than 3 months at a time).

This visa expired May 2019.

I applied for an S600 in sept so I could extend my stay and wouldn’t have to keep leaving every 3 months.

I got the S600 granted today and it’s onky for 3 months and says I have to leave by 9th January 

Could it be correct that the case worker approving my visa would shorter my trip rather than extend? It doesn’t seem right and I can’t find anyone at immigration who can help me 

thanks 

Yes it is correct. You applied for a different visa to allow you to remain in Australia longer than 3 months. 

Raul T Senise

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 0636699

www.ozimmigration.com

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

You can request a longer than 3 month stay in the application but it's at discretion of case officer to decide how long you are given. 

Edited by Jasmine Sallis

Jasmine Sallis 

Registered Migration Agent

MARN:1800400

www.mywayvisa.com