register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Ratu

Family Sponsor

Hi Guys,

I recently got my PR. I have my parents (mom & dad) and my sister (married) who stay overseas. Is there a VISA i can apply to have my Parents, sister and her spouse come to Australia?

If there is, what are the few important things I need to know? will i need to pay any bond amount? If you could guide me on this would be helpful and the visa i can apply.

State: VIC
Birth Country: LR
Stream: 186 DE 
Number of applicants: 2
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied: 16 Sept 2018
-- Nomination approved: 18 April 2019
-- Visa Application withdrawn as Skills assessment was not received
-- Re-applied Visa 29 May 2019
-- AFP requested 11/06/2019
-- AFP submitted 19/06/2019
Processing Team: Team 13 - NSW PESE
IMMI Status: Further Assessment 

For your parents, once you are settled in Australia, they may be eligible for a parent visa. Being settled normally means you have been living in Australia for at least two years. However, you should be aware that processing times for these visas the processing times are 5 to 6 years but that is increasing. By the end of which they will need to pass a medical. The cost is about $64,000 each. So not cheap. This is assuming your sister is your only other sibling. 

With regard you sister in effect no. 

Your sister would have to obtain a visa in her own right, or her partner could so they’d need to check the skilled visa options. Your parents could apply for a parent visa, they need to have at least 50% of their children in Australia so if it’s just you and your sister in the family they would meet the criteria. Queue times are many years and the cost of two parents near $100k

If you're just looking for them to visit (and not stay permanently) they can apply for a visitors visa

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows