Question about Form 1195 filling

Sigemup

Hi Guys,

I have a couple of questions about form 1195. 

When could I get this form filled up ? It says the photograph can be at max about 6 months old. So the form would have to be filled at max within 6 months prior to the application date. However there is alsoone more section in question 1. It says to fill the "Transaction Reference Number (the number that you were given when you lodged your online application)". 

a. So could I have the form 1195 filled and then, when I start filling the application, add the transaction number required as above ? Or would it have to be that first start (or complete?) the application and then only get the form 1195 filled ?

b. As I understand the form 1195 needs to be uploaded before submitting the application. So, would the above mentioned Transaction reference number be generated before the application is submitted or would it be generated after ? If it is generated after submitting application, then how could I input the transaction reference number and attach the form 1195 before submitting. 

2. One of the occupations listed that can sign form 1195 is "Finance company officer with 5 or more years of continuous service" 

As of now , I work at as Information Technology person insurance company (Life and General insurance (and also does Investments such as Unit Trusts) Would a person working at such an Insurance company be eligible to sign the 1195 form ? If so what designations at the insurance company be eligible to sign this form?

Below are some designations of people I know here. Please let me know which or any of the following would be eligible to sign this form?

1. Designation: Manager, Department: Investment Operations 
2. Designation: Operations and Investor control, Department: Investor services
3. Designation: Data Analyst distribution, Department: Distribution analytics
4. Designation: Information Technology manager Department: Information Technology
5. Customer experience and retention manager

Thank you

6 minutes ago, Sigemup said:

Hi Guys,

I have a couple of questions about form 1195. 

When could I get this form filled up ? It says the photograph can be at max about 6 months old. So the form would have to be filled at max within 6 months prior to the application date. However there is alsoone more section in question 1. It says to fill the "Transaction Reference Number (the number that you were given when you lodged your online application)". 

a. So could I have the form 1195 filled and then, when I start filling the application, add the transaction number required as above ? Or would it have to be that first start (or complete?) the application and then only get the form 1195 filled ?

b. As I understand the form 1195 needs to be uploaded before submitting the application. So, would the above mentioned Transaction reference number be generated before the application is submitted or would it be generated after ? If it is generated after submitting application, then how could I input the transaction reference number and attach the form 1195 before submitting. 

2. One of the occupations listed that can sign form 1195 is "Finance company officer with 5 or more years of continuous service" 

As of now , I work at as Information Technology person insurance company (Life and General insurance (and also does Investments such as Unit Trusts) Would a person working at such an Insurance company be eligible to sign the 1195 form ? If so what designations at the insurance company be eligible to sign this form?

Below are some designations of people I know here. Please let me know which or any of the following would be eligible to sign this form?

1. Designation: Manager, Department: Investment Operations 
2. Designation: Operations and Investor control, Department: Investor services
3. Designation: Data Analyst distribution, Department: Distribution analytics
4. Designation: Information Technology manager Department: Information Technology
5. Customer experience and retention manager

Thank you

Hey

1. You can get your 1195 and photo signature sorted prior to starting an application - just leave the TRN blank. You can then start a citizenship application online in the lead up to your eligible date, and after the first 1 or 2 pages of the online form you can 'Save' and a TRN is generated. Then simply add this in to your 1195 and scan it ready to upload once you're online app is completed.

2. From what I can see on a quick google search on this subject, an insurance company is considered a finance company. Personally, I would pick "Manager, Investment Operations" as it is the clearest and most 'black and white' finance-sounding title on there. If you really wanted to put your mind at rest, you could speak to DOHA to check. Something to note though - how long have you worked there? have these people genuinely known you for 1 year?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, millski88 said:

Hey

1. You can get your 1195 and photo signature sorted prior to starting an application - just leave the TRN blank. You can then start a citizenship application online in the lead up to your eligible date, and after the first 1 or 2 pages of the online form you can 'Save' and a TRN is generated. Then simply add this in to your 1195 and scan it ready to upload once you're online app is completed.

2. From what I can see on a quick google search on this subject, an insurance company is considered a finance company. Personally, I would pick "Manager, Investment Operations" as it is the clearest and most 'black and white' finance-sounding title on there. If you really wanted to put your mind at rest, you could speak to DOHA to check. Something to note though - how long have you worked there? have these people genuinely known you for 1 year?

Thank you for the reply Millski. 

I have worked here for about 2.5 years now and they know me. 

Could you please let me know what you mean by "Genuinely" know. Is that the same as "know" ? Because, as I understand this form is only to confirm identity and hence they just need to state that they know me. It is not like we are close friends with some of these people but we know each other. Is that ok ? Or do they need to be close to fill this ? 

Also, does the person signing this form need to provide an identity document or something like that ?  

Edited by Sigemup

15 minutes ago, Sigemup said:

Thank you for the reply Millski. 

I have worked here for about 2.5 years now and they know me. 

Could you please let me know what you mean by "Genuinely" know. Is that the same as "know" ? Because, as I understand this form is only to confirm identity and hence they just need to state that they know me. It is not like we are close friends with some of these people but we know each other. Is that ok ? Or do they need to be close to fill this ? 

Ah no, for sure if you've worked there 2.5 years that is fine. The person has known you personally for over 1 year. 

The key thing with the 1195 which is unlike other 'certified' processes is that the person has to know you, rather than being a representative of an entity that 'knows you'. For example, when you get docs certified it can sometimes count to go in to a branch of your bank and have a staff member sign off for you, as the bank has known you given your time as an account holder of the bank. In the case of the 1195 this wouldn't count though. The person you pick needs to be happy to answer a call to say they as an individual actually know you. Hope this makes sense.

Edited by millski88
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, millski88 said:

Ah no, for sure if you've worked there 2.5 years that is fine. The person has known you personally for over 1 year. 

The key thing with the 1195 which is unlike other 'certified' processes is that the person has to know you, rather than being a representative of an entity that 'knows you'. For example, when you get docs certified it can sometimes count to go in to a branch of your bank and have a staff member sign off for you, as the bank has known you given your time as an account holder of the bank. In the case of the 1195 this wouldn't count though. The person you pick needs to be happy to answer a call to say they as an individual actually know you. Hope this makes sense.

You don't need to know someone at all (institutionally or otherwise) to certify a document, you just need to be a person of a type on the list of approved certifiers. You are certifying the document not the person.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paulhand said:

You don't need to know someone at all (institutionally or otherwise) to certify a document, you just need to be a person of a type on the list of approved certifiers. You are certifying the document not the person.

Ah great. Furthers my point.

Thank you millski88 for the replies ! 

I have a couple of more questions

1. Does the person who signs this form need to provide any identity document ? 

2. as I understand only 1 person needs to sign and fill this form is that correct ? 

3. Also, does a radiologist or an Assistant valuation Actuary qualify to sign this document ?  

Thank you 

Edited by Sigemup

17 minutes ago, Sigemup said:

Thank you millski88 for the replies ! 

I have a couple of more questions

1. Does the person who signs this form need to provide any identity document ? 

2. as I understand only 1 person needs to sign and fill this form is that correct ? 

3. Also, does a radiologist or an Assistant valuation Actuary qualify to sign this document ?  

Thank you 

1. Not to complete the form no. I couldn't comment on the phone call/check as i haven't had it happen yet for me, but unlikely i think!

2. Yes one of these forms per applicant. Can be the same person if you have more than one applicant.

3. I can't really comment on specific titles as I wouldn't be giving accurate information. I did so happen to ask a radiologist friend of our family though, and she told us that she did not fall under any of the professions/occupations listed, as she wasn't counted as a 'Medical Practitioner'.

Tom

3 hours ago, millski88 said:

1. Not to complete the form no. I couldn't comment on the phone call/check as i haven't had it happen yet for me, but unlikely i think!

2. Yes one of these forms per applicant. Can be the same person if you have more than one applicant.

3. I can't really comment on specific titles as I wouldn't be giving accurate information. I did so happen to ask a radiologist friend of our family though, and she told us that she did not fall under any of the professions/occupations listed, as she wasn't counted as a 'Medical Practitioner'.

Tom

Thank you Millski88

Hi guys

Is there any particular place where I can get the photo as per the specifications for the form 1195 ? 

Such as some store that I can go and say I need to take photo for form 1195 - and they would know exactly the specifications of this. 

How did you ensure that your photo was as per the specified dimensions and other aspects for the form 1195 ? What did you ask or say ? 
Did you take the specification format description to the store and show them ? 

Thank you 

4 hours ago, Sigemup said:

Hi guys

Is there any particular place where I can get the photo as per the specifications for the form 1195 ? 

Such as some store that I can go and say I need to take photo for form 1195 - and they would know exactly the specifications of this. 

How did you ensure that your photo was as per the specified dimensions and other aspects for the form 1195 ? What did you ask or say ? 
Did you take the specification format description to the store and show them ? 

Thank you 

I had my photo taken at the post office (same format as passport photo).  If you feel reassured, take the dimensions of the required photo with you and ask them to confirm they will take a photo of that size. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, vickyplum said:

I had my photo taken at the post office (same format as passport photo).  If you feel reassured, take the dimensions of the required photo with you and ask them to confirm they will take a photo of that size. 

Thank you vickplum !

So the size and other specifications (like dimensions of each part and color etc.) are exact same as the passport photo is that right ? ! I could simply ask them for same photo 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have one more question on the form 1195. I was also considering requesting the tax agent who filed my taxes to give this for me. I filed them at H&R block and assumed that they must be qualified to sign this form.  However, when I saw their contact card, the person who did the taxes for me and seemed quite well-versed in tax related matters, had their designation as "Office Manager". 

Do you happen to know if H&R block (or in general) happens to call a qualified ax consultant as Office manager ? Would they be qualified to sign the form ? 

To add, the person who did the taxes for me said that it actually goes to their HO and then gets submitted. 

Edited by Sigemup

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have one more question about the photograph for the form 1195

image.png.6ed1078aa2ef9d6c131f5f10ae77ccc1.png

In the above screenshot from the form - this is the section where the person who does the certification of the form and photo needs to declare and sign on the photo:

1. As per the example in screenshot above, the statement “This is a true photograph of” is in quotes.Should we also actually put this in quotes OR is it simply an example and the actual certification should not have these quotes ? 

2. This section: JOHN CITIZEN (full name of applicant) - should the content inside the brackets also be written on the back of the photograph by the person certifying it or is it for our understanding only ? Also how about the underline ? 

3. In this section: PSmith (signature) - should the words in brackets (signature) be also written or only a signature is sufficient ? 

4. In this particular part - i.e. writing on the back of the photograph, is only the signature of the person certifying the form required OR is the name of the person certifying the form also required ?

Please let me know.