You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

I'm an Australian living in the UK and my son was born in the UK. His mother passed away recently and I want to move back home. Can I travel one way with him on a visiting visa and apply for citizenship by decent for him while in Australia? And can that be done?

2 minutes ago, ManniX said:

I'm an Australian living in the UK and my son was born in the UK. His mother passed away recently and I want to move back home. Can I travel one way with him on a visiting visa and apply for citizenship by decent for him while in Australia? And can that be done?

We did it that way, but we were covered by a spouse visa.

You might get asked awkward questions at immigration if you have one way tickets.

Assuming you get in the country ok, getting citizenship was fairly straightforward.

But you can also apply from the UK.

2 hours ago, newjez said:

We did it that way, but we were covered by a spouse visa.

You might get asked awkward questions at immigration if you have one way tickets.

Assuming you get in the country ok, getting citizenship was fairly straightforward.

But you can also apply from the UK.

Thanks . I realise I can apply from UK and may be an option. I will call the consulate and get more details.  Thanks again.

6 hours ago, ManniX said:

Thanks . I realise I can apply from UK and may be an option. I will call the consulate and get more details.  Thanks again.

Its a High Commission not a consulate and phoning them for advice is NOT a good idea. They are not trained to answer anything beyond basic queries.

If you want professional help go to a registered migration agent.