You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

How is Post Brexit Britain Doing so Far?

For once I agree with everything B to D said in his post and,no, it is not amusing at all. Wish it was.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

f@ck me.....I get up in the morning and I'm thinking about what I can have for breakfast.....do I need to go to that job today.....is it an emergency......replays of Englands 5-1 demolition of the Germans are going to be aired on TV (I must watch that)......you on the other hand are scouring the internet for Donald Trumps old memo's......😶......its like a modern day Citizen Smith......

You see that's the difference between you and me, you want to relive a 5-1  UK victory over Germany, whereas I'm much more concerned about why Germany has way more hospital beds than the UK when we are supposed to be one of the worlds biggest economies

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Well its either Europe or a stitched up trade deal with Chump's US, take your pick.

You could make a case that our economy will need protection from the likes of Amazon et al and US vulture capitalism. How many UK companies, small and Large, will be functioning to carry the economy at the end of this, who do we want to trust, Germany who seemed to be dealing with this emergency or the US which is in chaos. 

The quandry remains the same, neo liberal populism or  communatarism

I don't think trump can survive this.

I'm guessing he will catch the virus, as he is taking risks, and I don't fancy his chances if he does.

If he survives the virus, I suspect he will have a stroke or mental breakdown. He seems to be becoming more and more unhinged.

If he survives that, he has given so much ammunition to the democrats with his miss handling of this, and the resultant cost to the economy.

Most leaders in a crisis rate well. But that won't last as he is not handling this well. Shame Cuomo is not running as he would walk it home.

I can see trump being a Twitter sideline in a years time.

Edited by newjez
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, newjez said:

I don't think trump can survive this.

I'm guessing he will catch the virus, as he is taking risks, and I don't fancy his chances if he does.

If he survives the virus, I suspect he will have a stroke or mental breakdown. He seems to be becoming more and more unhinged.

If he survives that, he has given so much ammunition to the democrats with his miss handling of this, and the resultant cost to the economy.

Most leaders in a crisis rate well. But that won't last as he is not handling this well. Shame Cuomo is not running as he would walk it home.

I can see trump being a Twitter sideline in a years time.

I hope you're right, he has a cult following who are armed beyond belief and he may play the liberal elite card as his final 'get out of jail' card and tell them it's a grand conspiracy against them.

Who knows, look at how people like him come apart at the end as they fall prey to narcissism and paranoid delusions.

He is running out of people to blame which is what happens as reality impinges on their delusions.

Look at Bolsanaro in Brazil at the moment as it comes unstitched for him. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately the EU is intent upon shooting itself in the foot, just as it could have acted as a unifying force for good it reverts to borders, national identity and bureaucracy and loses its opportunity to challenge the WHO hegemony.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/08/eu-most-senior-scientist-mauro-ferrari-resigns-handling-coronavirus-crisis 

Edited by BacktoDemocracy

7 hours ago, kungfustu said:

f@ck me.....I get up in the morning and I'm thinking about what I can have for breakfast.....do I need to go to that job today.....is it an emergency......replays of Englands 5-1 demolition of the Germans are going to be aired on TV (I must watch that)......you on the other hand are scouring the internet for Donald Trumps old memo's......😶......its like a modern day Citizen Smith......

Trump has a multitude of things on his mind - he is president of a world superpower .

Oh , and britains and australias main ally - dont forget that .

Before this outbreak , he had the chinese well in focus .

intellectual property theft - the devaluing of their currency - their hacking of u.s companies-the ongoing trade war - the human rights issues.

And then this 

I should imagine when it broke , it was somewhere down the list - now it is front , left and centre .

He was slow to react , as were most western governments , unaware of the growing severity .

The chinese , not Donald Trump,  have a lot to answer for 

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

3 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

Trump has a multitude of things on his mind - he is president of a world superpower .

Oh , and britains and australias main ally - dont forget that .

Before this outbreak , he had the chinese well in focus .

intellectual property theft - the devaluing of their currency - their hacking of u.s companies-the ongoing trade war - the human rights issues.

And then this 

I should imagine when it broke , it was somewhere down the list - now it is front , left and centre .

He was slow to react , as were most western governments , unaware of the growing severity .

The chinese , not Donald Trump,  have a lot to answer for 

Well the Chinese economy just restarted and planes are flying out of Wuhan, give us a bell when New York starts up.

If it wasn't such a tragedy it would be fun to watch Chump making a fool of himself

• Haha 1

I hope you're right, he has a cult following who are armed beyond belief and he may play the liberal elite card as his final 'get out of jail' card and tell them it's a grand conspiracy against them.
Who knows, look at how people like him come apart at the end as they fall prey to narcissism and paranoid delusions.
He is running out of people to blame which is what happens as reality impinges on their delusions.
Look at Bolsanaro in Brazil at the moment as it comes unstitched for him. 

Sadly, I doubt it. Even now, he is politicising what has happened in the US, in his cynical blame game. So he is still on the campaign trail, and i’m assuming the election will go ahead later this year, irrespective of what the actual covid reality on the ground is.

He has stretched the blame game to the WHO now (some half baked accusation of them being ‘favourable’ to China’, in all of this). Threatening their funding now. So when the world needs unity and clarity the most, he is now threatening the world. Hindrance more than help, is what he is.

So he is still playing to his gallery in the US and now to any idiots abroad, as well.
  • Like 1

So the financial so called experts are saying the EU will collapse after this virus as Germany and France will refuse to prop up countries that have gone bankrupt and the UK got out in the nick of time or it would be asked for billion to prop up the EU countries that are financially ruined. Every country will suffer including the UK.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

9 hours ago, ssiri said:

Sadly, I doubt it. Even now, he is politicising what has happened in the US, in his cynical blame game. So he is still on the campaign trail, and i’m assuming the election will go ahead later this year, irrespective of what the actual covid reality on the ground is.

He has stretched the blame game to the WHO now (some half baked accusation of them being ‘favourable’ to China’, in all of this). Threatening their funding now. So when the world needs unity and clarity the most, he is now threatening the world. Hindrance more than help, is what he is.

So he is still playing to his gallery in the US and now to any idiots abroad, as well.

The US is in massive arrears with their payments to WHO, so withholding  payments is not much of a threat, except for inflaming his cult followers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Perthbum said:

So the financial so called experts are saying the EU will collapse after this virus as Germany and France will refuse to prop up countries that have gone bankrupt and the UK got out in the nick of time or it would be asked for billion to prop up the EU countries that are financially ruined. Every country will suffer including the UK.

What is the point of that post, other than to sow yet more seeds of distrust.

After this sh*t storm works its way through the world economy the collapse of any country's economy will lead, domino effect, to the collapse of other economies.

Now in a globalised world no one is a individual entity.

So crowing that we got out just in time is a rather foolish view of how this is going to unwind, we import 60% plus of our food, if Spain, France and Eastern Europe collapse we are going to be entirely dependent on the USA and will be simply a further State on their flag. If the EU enters a nationalistic phase now as countries going bankrupt is talked openly about then look at what happened in 1929 and what that ushered in.

As the Chinese say' be careful what you wish for'  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Perthbum said:

Of course they will , but britain as in independent country , with it's own currency , will survive .

Germany and france are not in a position to prop up anyone , france especially .

And if the 25 other countries think they can go cap in hand , to germany , they need to think again .

I did say , as soon as there is an economic stress test , it will be every country for itself , and it is .

And when the dust settles , and the e.u has broken up , mr putin  or his successor will be waiting in the wings , ready to hold out the hand of friendship .

People mocked me on this message board 3 years ago when I first put my opinions up.

Not so ridiculous now is it .

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

18 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

Of course they will , but britain as in independent country , with it's own currency , will survive .

Germany and france are not in a position to prop up anyone , france especially .

And if the 25 other countries think they can go cap in hand , to germany , they need to think again .

I did say , as soon as there is an economic stress test , it will be every country for itself , and it is .

And when the dust settles , and the e.u has broken up , mr putin  or his successor will be waiting in the wings , ready to hold out the hand of friendship .

People mocked me on this message board 3 years ago when I first put my opinions up.

Not so ridiculous now is it .

Do you ever give a thought to how this country with minimal manufacturing industry (we just sold our last steel maker to China) and almost totally reliant on international finance and internal service industry as a base for its economy, importing 60% of its food, is going to survive that economic disaster.

2 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Do you ever give a thought to how this country with minimal manufacturing industry (we just sold our last steel maker to China) and almost totally reliant on international finance and internal service industry as a base for its economy, importing 60% of its food, is going to survive that economic disaster.

The steel industry employ's 1000s  of jobs and knock on jobs, yeas the Chinese will get something out of it but the UK have by far the better deal with this takeover

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

What is the point of that post, other than to sow yet more seeds of distrust.

After this sh*t storm works its way through the world economy the collapse of any country's economy will lead, domino effect, to the collapse of other economies.

Now in a globalised world no one is a individual entity.

So crowing that we got out just in time is a rather foolish view of how this is going to unwind, we import 60% plus of our food, if Spain, France and Eastern Europe collapse we are going to be entirely dependent on the USA and will be simply a further State on their flag. If the EU enters a nationalistic phase now as countries going bankrupt is talked openly about then look at what happened in 1929 and what that ushered in.

As the Chinese say' be careful what you wish for'  

Chinese have no say any more, they are responsible for this virus and the sars virus, they are going to get the biggest hit trust me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 07/04/2020 at 20:52, bunbury61 said:

And I would like it ,if you , would except 

1 - that we are leaving the e.u 

2 - take note of the facts , that the e.u is on its arse structurally and economically , and will not survive , in it's current state .

In answer to your final paragraph , In what way ,could the british govt have been more decisive in the beginning ?

How would you have handled it differently ,?

You are the stone thrower in the greenhouse , but you have no constructive answers - never have .

Would you have kept the schools open ?

Would you have kept the retail sector open ?

Pubs, bars and restaurants ?

Would you locked everything down in december 2019 ?

Various governments have tried various methods , and people are still dying at an alarming rate 

Once again we have a poster looking at the australian / british / or u.s govts , and lambasting them , instead of looking at the source of the virus , and apportioning blame there .

If you want  to bloody moan , send off an e mail to the chinese embassy .

Dear me 

He certainly wouldn't have had a lockdown in December, no-one outside of China knew about it then. We had visitors come to us from Shanghai mid Jan, Chinese New Year holidays and they said everyone that could was leaving China as the weather and pollution was so bad. They heard about the virus a week later and at the time everyone thought it was just a Chinese problem.

46 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

He certainly wouldn't have had a lockdown in December, no-one outside of China knew about it then. We had visitors come to us from Shanghai mid Jan, Chinese New Year holidays and they said everyone that could was leaving China as the weather and pollution was so bad. They heard about the virus a week later and at the time everyone thought it was just a Chinese problem.

even Wuhan wasn't locked down till January 23rd

I'm just hoping individuaL countries  come to the realisation that it is not sustainable or a good idea to rely substantially on another country like China. A bit of home grown industry is called for. Bring back Sheffield steel, the potteries, and buy back the Australian farms.  Well one can hope.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

I'm just hoping individuaL countries  come to the realisation that it is not sustainable or a good idea to rely substantially on another country like China. A bit of home grown industry is called for. Bring back Sheffield steel, the potteries, and buy back the Australian farms.  Well one can hope.

I also think that many of us might start to realise that we really don’t actually need to buy half the things we thought were necessary. Going Shopping sometimes just for the sake of shopping rather than needing, buying that extra pair of unnecessary shoes, just an example of my weakness.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Perthbum said:

Chinese have no say any more, they are responsible for this virus and the sars virus, they are going to get the biggest hit trust me.

Rumour has it japan - South Korea and the u.s are looking at moving production out of china - mainly to india 

Watch this space 

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Screenshot_20200410-101152_Chrome.jpg

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

12 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

Rumour has it japan - South Korea and the u.s are looking at moving production out of china - mainly to india 

Watch this space 

Heard that on the radio, they say China is in for a decade long recession.

4 hours ago, Nemesis said:

even Wuhan wasn't locked down till January 23rd

But the authorities new about it in december 2019 , and they still let the locals travel for chinese new year .

Watched a documentary last night " horizon " on itv .

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

18 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

Watch this space 

They have been doing this for quite some time. It's not a rumour. Although south east Asia is as likely as India.

21 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

Why have you been doing everything you can to make this happen comrade?

Just asking?