Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

How is Post Brexit Britain Doing so Far?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Whether or not Trump is a racist is actually irrelevant.

He uses all the racist dog whistles and actual avowed racists support him as ‘one of them’.  For goodness sake, this isn’t even a debatable issue in 2020.

Racism probably isn’t even his worst trait.

Personally I am fed up talking about your narcissistic poster-boy and certainly don’t bother listening to his inane ramblings anymore.  There are more important issues to contend with.

You see, in my view and its a view that also recognises, when posting on PIO, I need to be carefiul, but on the basis that Trump has been very good for the US, he will be re-elected for four more years,

I think that you have an aversion to leaders with blonde hair which is probably the best way to put it, that do not fit your particular genre. I see your comments as playing the Man and not the ball. I can only conclude that, on the basis of your obvious bent against Trump, it is not his policies but merely the man himself. What does that tell you about yourself? You used the term "poster boy" Would you care to use that term for instance in the case of Nelson Mandella? I am sure you would.

How is this for a "poster boy"........... Mandella announced that he was the leader of an African terrorist group to every newspaper in South Africa, subsequently ordering that terrorist group to carry out almost one hundred bombings, travelled around the world promoting the terrorist group and getting funding for the terrorist group, and then had undergone training in guerrilla warfare in a foreign country, it’s fair to say the South African government was interested in tracking Mr Mandela down to have a word with him. He was subsequently locked up.

 Perhaps Mandella is your poster boy. Mine is the non-terrorist, non-jailbird guy with the Blonde Hair, doing a great job and ready for re-election.

Edited by Dusty Plains
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares what Trump says or does at this stage? We need to look after our own countrymen, either British or Australian. The Americans have always been different from the rest, leave them to it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, starlight7 said:

Who cares what Trump says or does at this stage? We need to look after our own countrymen, either British or Australian. The Americans have always been different from the rest, leave them to it.

Only difference is , after this situation quietens down , where will Australians,  and their allegiances lie ?

With china or the united states , britain and the commonwealth ?

Without america , we are all up the creek without a paddle .

In relation to australia , I think the chinese have been taking the piss for years .

I have seen people on this message board state "  this is the chinese century ' , well I bloody hope not .

For a myriad of reasons , I hope trump takes the chinese down a peg or two in the near future , the major one being the global catastrophe that they have created .

I hear the chinese are already coming out of it , and benefiting, economically , from a situation, they created .

 

 

 

  • Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Only difference is , after this situation quietens down , where will Australians,  and their allegiances lie ?
With china or the united states , britain and the commonwealth ?
Without america , we are all up the creek without a paddle .
In relation to australia , I think the chinese have been taking the piss for years .
I have seen people on this message board state "  this is the chinese century ' , well I bloody hope not .
For a myriad of reasons , I hope trump takes the chinese down a peg or two in the near future , the major one being the global catastrophe that they have created .
I hear the chinese are already coming out of it , and benefiting, economically , from a situation, they created .
 
 
 



Australias allegiances will lay with what will benefit Australia, not what Chump, the British and Asian Governments expect (I’d imagine). So more of the same, spit between economic future with China and security future with the west/US, but hopefully with less US style paranoia. Also hopefully with the gumption not to become America’s poodle and capitulate to US pressure.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screenshot_20200407-072904_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b0ea2e8078475cf278dbee59c576ad94.jpg


BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go 


BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/3/2020 at 08:25, Dusty Plains said:

You see, in my view and its a view that also recognises, when posting on PIO, I need to be carefiul, but on the basis that Trump has been very good for the US, he will be re-elected for four more years,

I think that you have an aversion to leaders with blonde hair which is probably the best way to put it, that do not fit your particular genre. I see your comments as playing the Man and not the ball. I can only conclude that, on the basis of your obvious bent against Trump, it is not his policies but merely the man himself. What does that tell you about yourself? You used the term "poster boy" Would you care to use that term for instance in the case of Nelson Mandella? I am sure you would.

How is this for a "poster boy"........... Mandella announced that he was the leader of an African terrorist group to every newspaper in South Africa, subsequently ordering that terrorist group to carry out almost one hundred bombings, travelled around the world promoting the terrorist group and getting funding for the terrorist group, and then had undergone training in guerrilla warfare in a foreign country, it’s fair to say the South African government was interested in tracking Mr Mandela down to have a word with him. He was subsequently locked up.

 Perhaps Mandella is your poster boy. Mine is the non-terrorist, non-jailbird guy with the Blonde Hair, doing a great job and ready for re-election.

The difference between Mandela and Chump is that one fought to free his people from oppression by an elite, a unelected minority govt and the other strives to maintain power for  his personal aggrandisement and a governing elite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/03/2020 at 08:25, Dusty Plains said:

You see, in my view and its a view that also recognises, when posting on PIO, I need to be carefiul, but on the basis that Trump has been very good for the US, he will be re-elected for four more years,

I think that you have an aversion to leaders with blonde hair which is probably the best way to put it, that do not fit your particular genre. I see your comments as playing the Man and not the ball. I can only conclude that, on the basis of your obvious bent against Trump, it is not his policies but merely the man himself. What does that tell you about yourself? You used the term "poster boy" Would you care to use that term for instance in the case of Nelson Mandella? I am sure you would.

How is this for a "poster boy"........... Mandella announced that he was the leader of an African terrorist group to every newspaper in South Africa, subsequently ordering that terrorist group to carry out almost one hundred bombings, travelled around the world promoting the terrorist group and getting funding for the terrorist group, and then had undergone training in guerrilla warfare in a foreign country, it’s fair to say the South African government was interested in tracking Mr Mandela down to have a word with him. He was subsequently locked up.

 Perhaps Mandella is your poster boy. Mine is the non-terrorist, non-jailbird guy with the Blonde Hair, doing a great job and ready for re-election.

Dusty , he will be re elected .

With everything the globalist elite have done to try and de rail him and discredit him .

Even after this shit storm , he will be re elected , unless they try and bump him off .

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/03/2020 at 10:02, Gbye grey sky said:

The thing about Trump is he is normally saying what the incoherent racist mysoginistic drunk at the end of the bar is saying.  If you ever look at the actual transcript of what he says it makes little sense at all.

I agree that a fair number of people agree with these incoherent ramblings.

Strange , that you are obsessed with trump's ramblings as the world economies head towards the abyss, due to the inaction of  the chinese at the beginning of this pandemic .

For all the cost , all the deaths and despair ,all the lost businesses , people losing their homes , possible global conflict .

You are focussed on one man , who had absolutely nothing to do with it .

No mention of the chinese century , and their push for global control - no mention of intellectual property theft -  no mention of sars or covid 19 and its origin ,no mention of bringing democracy and freedom to the people of china.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

Dusty , he will be re elected .

With everything the globalist elite have done to try and de rail him and discredit him .

Even after this shit storm , he will be re elected , unless they try and bump him off .

 

Indeed. Four More Years, and four more years of entertaining ourselves here on PIO, especially having a ball against those who are averse to world leaders who have blonde hair!!  They just cannot bear it.

Here is something. Its a quiz. Question:

Who was the last Secretary General of The UN to have Blonde Hair??????????????

 

 

Edited by Dusty Plains

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

The difference between Mandela and Chump is that one fought to free his people from oppression by an elite, a unelected minority govt and the other strives to maintain power for  his personal aggrandisement and a governing elite.

And his mate Desmond TuTu, issued an order in the ANC to put poison into the mouths of ("blonde-haired children") in South Africa.

Another hero of the Left?  No, just another criminal. And gee whiz things have improved in Africa since(??)

Edited by Dusty Plains
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

Dusty , he will be re elected .

With everything the globalist elite have done to try and de rail him and discredit him .

Even after this shit storm , he will be re elected , unless they try and bump him off .

 

Another smiley emoji from BTD - who by the way hasnt got a very good track record ,in these matters 


BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

Strange , that you are obsessed with trump's ramblings as the world economies head towards the abyss, due to the inaction of  the chinese at the beginning of this pandemic .

For all the cost , all the deaths and despair ,all the lost businesses , people losing their homes , possible global conflict .

You are focussed on one man , who had absolutely nothing to do with it .

No mention of the chinese century , and their push for global control - no mention of intellectual property theft -  no mention of sars or covid 19 and its origin ,no mention of bringing democracy and freedom to the people of china.

 

 

 

Can you really not see any faults with trump's handling of this?

Serious question.

I can understand people supporting him for what he gets them. 

But I really don't know how anyone can question what he says and posts and not be slightly concerned at the mental stability of the man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

Another smiley emoji from BTD - who by the way hasnt got a very good track record ,in these matters 

I'd love it if you would share your view of the UK's post covid and post brexit world.

Some serious consideration is going to have to be given to our relationship with Europe and our govts failings are going to cause it a lot of difficulties is my take on things.

People experiencing the benefits system for the first time are going to have a different view of the world and realising that if the govt had been more decisive at the beginning then this might not have cost so much in chaos in education and jobs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, newjez said:

Can you really not see any faults with trump's handling of this?

Serious question.

I can understand people supporting him for what he gets them. 

But I really don't know how anyone can question what he says and posts and not be slightly concerned at the mental stability of the man. 

I agree his mental capacity for lucid thought seems to be diminishing, I wonder whether it is just simply that the pandemic cannot be spun away, the facts are the facts and they are irrefutable, he says there is light at the end of the tunnel when obviously there is none and covid simply cannot be solved by sacking some people and blaming them so he is now out of options. Sad isn't it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/03/2020 at 08:47, starlight7 said:

Who cares what Trump says or does at this stage? We need to look after our own countrymen, either British or Australian. The Americans have always been different from the rest, leave them to it.

The australians weren't saying that in ww2 , when the american intervention in new Guinea,  prevented a japanese invasion of Australia.- and that was very close - the americans lost a lot of men .

Ultimately , It was a win win 

Australia kept their country

The americans had a base in the area 

Like them or loathe them , agree or disagree , as we do 

The Aussies, the poms , the americans , the canadians , new zealanders and a few others ,are allies .

Watching some documentaries on recent u.s policy , they have made some glaring errors

Vietnam and the 2nd gulf war , spring to mind 

The world turns , but when the shit hits the fan , and if the chinese  military ever set foot on australian soil , who would you call upon , certain Donald Trump I presume .

Enough said .

  • Like 2

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

I'd love it if you would share your view of the UK's post covid and post brexit world.

Some serious consideration is going to have to be given to our relationship with Europe and our govts failings are going to cause it a lot of difficulties is my take on things.

People experiencing the benefits system for the first time are going to have a different view of the world and realising that if the govt had been more decisive at the beginning then this might not have cost so much in chaos in education and jobs.

 

And I would like it ,if you , would except 

1 - that we are leaving the e.u 

2 - take note of the facts , that the e.u is on its arse structurally and economically , and will not survive , in it's current state .

In answer to your final paragraph , In what way ,could the british govt have been more decisive in the beginning ?

How would you have handled it differently ,?

You are the stone thrower in the greenhouse , but you have no constructive answers - never have .

Would you have kept the schools open ?

Would you have kept the retail sector open ?

Pubs, bars and restaurants ?

Would you locked everything down in december 2019 ?

Various governments have tried various methods , and people are still dying at an alarming rate 

Once again we have a poster looking at the australian / british / or u.s govts , and lambasting them , instead of looking at the source of the virus , and apportioning blame there .

If you want  to bloody moan , send off an e mail to the chinese embassy .

Dear me 

  • Like 2

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bunbury61 said:

And I would like it ,if you , would except 

1 - that we are leaving the e.u 

2 - take note of the facts , that the e.u is on its arse structurally and economically , and will not survive , in it's current state .

In answer to your final paragraph , In what way ,could the british govt have been more decisive in the beginning ?

How would you have handled it differently ,?

You are the stone thrower in the greenhouse , but you have no constructive answers - never have .

Would you have kept the schools open ?

Would you have kept the retail sector open ?

Pubs, bars and restaurants ?

Would you locked everything down in december 2019 ?

Various governments have tried various methods , and people are still dying at an alarming rate 

Once again we have a poster looking at the australian / british / or u.s govts , and lambasting them , instead of looking at the source of the virus , and apportioning blame there .

If you want  to bloody moan , send off an e mail to the chinese embassy .

Dear me 

P.s our trading relationship will be the same with the e.u , as it is with everyone else - what needs special consideration 

If that means it's on wto terms , then so be it 

If the e.u and the u.k can agree some sort of free trade deal - great .

Other countries trade with the e.u on wto terms without any issues .

What is so hard to grasp , about that ?

Anything else is a smokescreen 

A deal will probably be struck at the last minute .

If not , it's a no deal brexit - end of .

Britain will survive , and so will the individual countries of europe , once the e.u as 26 is dissolved .

 


BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

P.s our trading relationship will be the same with the e.u , as it is with everyone else - what needs special consideration 

If that means it's on wto terms , then so be it 

If the e.u and the u.k can agree some sort of free trade deal - great .

Other countries trade with the e.u on wto terms without any issues .

What is so hard to grasp , about that ?

Anything else is a smokescreen 

A deal will probably be struck at the last minute .t

If not , it's a no deal brexit - end of .

Britain will survive , and so will the individual countries of europe , once the e.u as 26 is dissolved .

 

Tell me which country trades with the EU on WTO rules and has a stable economy.

In the whole of your rant you have failed to recognise the difference this pandemic will make to the world and its economies.

Instead of just blaming China for the situation we find ourselves in why not think how long it took for countries, including ours, to recognise that this would be worldwide and those that did  like S Korea and Singapore are coming out the other side of it,  as is China now, also just consider, Germany is getting on top of it because of their mass testing and because they have 8.6 hospital beds per 1000 citizens, we have 2.6, that is what ideologically driven austerity gets you, public services that are teetering on the edge of collapse.

Our country failed to quarantind early enough, they thought they would let it out into the populace and establish 'herd immunity' and then they realised the huge number of deaths that would have as a consequence and did an about face, but that lost them a crucial 4 weeks of planning, testing, tracing and preparing the public for lock down and that 4 weeks can never be recovered and so our quarantine is going to last a lot longer than elsewhere now. 

Blind faith in nationalism is no substitute for management with knowledge. China bears responsibility for not taking action on their markets but our govts bear huge responsibility for failing to recognise the potential of this disease to be so disruptive.

When it became apparent that our govt was not getting to grips with this virus I pointed out our lack of IC beds, it  seemed like it was some 10 days later before that became a talking point, it has now become an issue about the supply of oxygen in hospitals, not just about manufacture and delivery,  but that our hospitals are so out of date that pipework is not large enough for the demand placed on it by so many on oxygen.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two minds about this.

We could do with some stability.

But CV19 is going to cripple Europe, and we don't want to get dragged into that.

This looks like the only situation where a hard brexit could be better than extending.

But who would have thought the country would have been reunited so quickly?

Brexit who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, newjez said:

Two minds about this.

We could do with some stability.

But CV19 is going to cripple Europe, and we don't want to get dragged into that.

This looks like the only situation where a hard brexit could be better than extending.

But who would have thought the country would have been reunited so quickly?

Brexit who?

Well its either Europe or a stitched up trade deal with Chump's US, take your pick.

You could make a case that our economy will need protection from the likes of Amazon et al and US vulture capitalism. How many UK companies, small and Large, will be functioning to carry the economy at the end of this, who do we want to trust, Germany who seemed to be dealing with this emergency or the US which is in chaos. 

The quandry remains the same, neo liberal populism or  communatarism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

Dusty , he will be re elected .

With everything the globalist elite have done to try and de rail him and discredit him .

Even after this shit storm , he will be re elected , unless they try and bump him off .

 

Hmmmmmm

Quote

Trump said he would discuss Peter Navarro’s January memo warning of a potential coronavirus pandemic at his press conference today.

“I know all about it,” Trump said of the memo, which was first reported on by Axios and the New York Times last night. “We’ll talk about it at the press conference,” Trump added.

In the memo, Navarro, Trump’s told trade adviser, reportedly warned that the coronavirus outbreak had the potential to turn into a pandemic, killing hundreds of thousands of Americans and devastating the US economy.

The memo’s existence undermines claims from Trump and many of his advisers that the administration was not properly warned about the potential impact of the virus.

Trump was warned in January of Covid-19's devastating impact, memos reveal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Hmmmmmm

Quote

Trump said he would discuss Peter Navarro’s January memo warning of a potential coronavirus pandemic at his press conference today.

“I know all about it,” Trump said of the memo, which was first reported on by Axios and the New York Times last night. “We’ll talk about it at the press conference,” Trump added.

In the memo, Navarro, Trump’s told trade adviser, reportedly warned that the coronavirus outbreak had the potential to turn into a pandemic, killing hundreds of thousands of Americans and devastating the US economy.

The memo’s existence undermines claims from Trump and many of his advisers that the administration was not properly warned about the potential impact of the virus.

Trump was warned in January of Covid-19's devastating impact, memos reveal

f@ck me.....I get up in the morning and I'm thinking about what I can have for breakfast.....do I need to go to that job today.....is it an emergency......replays of Englands 5-1 demolition of the Germans are going to be aired on TV (I must watch that)......you on the other hand are scouring the internet for Donald Trumps old memo's......😶......its like a modern day Citizen Smith......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Tell me which country trades with the EU on WTO rules and has a stable economy.

In the whole of your rant you have failed to recognise the difference this pandemic will make to the world and its economies.

Instead of just blaming China for the situation we find ourselves in why not think how long it took for countries, including ours, to recognise that this would be worldwide and those that did  like S Korea and Singapore are coming out the other side of it,  as is China now, also just consider, Germany is getting on top of it because of their mass testing and because they have 8.6 hospital beds per 1000 citizens, we have 2.6, that is what ideologically driven austerity gets you, public services that are teetering on the edge of collapse.

Our country failed to quarantind early enough, they thought they would let it out into the populace and establish 'herd immunity' and then they realised the huge number of deaths that would have as a consequence and did an about face, but that lost them a crucial 4 weeks of planning, testing, tracing and preparing the public for lock down and that 4 weeks can never be recovered and so our quarantine is going to last a lot longer than elsewhere now. 

Blind faith in nationalism is no substitute for management with knowledge. China bears responsibility for not taking action on their markets but our govts bear huge responsibility for failing to recognise the potential of this disease to be so disruptive.

When it became apparent that our govt was not getting to grips with this virus I pointed out our lack of IC beds, it  seemed like it was some 10 days later before that became a talking point, it has now become an issue about the supply of oxygen in hospitals, not just about manufacture and delivery,  but that our hospitals are so out of date that pipework is not large enough for the demand placed on it by so many on oxygen.

Honestly,  Rallyman, Kingfustu. You think this post is humorous, ??????

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

f@ck me.....I get up in the morning and I'm thinking about what I can have for breakfast.....do I need to go to that job today.....is it an emergency......replays of Englands 5-1 demolition of the Germans are going to be aired on TV (I must watch that)......you on the other hand are scouring the internet for Donald Trumps old memo's......😶......its like a modern day Citizen Smith......

Chump was challenged on this memo on Monday 6/4/20, no digging required.

The NY Times thought it significant, not exactly Pravda are they.

Edited by BacktoDemocracy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×