You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

How is Post Brexit Britain Doing so Far?

1 hour ago, bunbury61 said:

The muslim ,/ christian battle for control ?

They can’t answer as they don’t know 

8 hours ago, newjez said:

Yes well of course we are all the naive ones who don't know 'jack s..t' about how we are being exploited by all thes illegals swamping our countries, of course we are just being used, the bleeding hearts just being used by people wanting an easy life and to take our jobs off us

https://www.freedomfromtorture.org/news/where-does-torture-happen-around-the-world

https://www.hrw.org/news/2005/04/27/torture-worldwide

A salutory read.

Edited by BacktoDemocracy
  • Haha 1

You wonder why we only shut the last of our five freeports in 2012 ?  Did you even know that we had them SImmo?  This is just another fairy story aimed at you.

Perhaps this will explain why, from the people who should actually benefit from this but don't think they will. 

https://www.portstrategy.com/news101/world/europe/free-ports-wont-help-brexit-britains-economy

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

•  

2 hours ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

You wonder why we only shut the last of our five freeports in 2012 ?  Did you even know that we had them SImmo?  This is just another fairy story aimed at you.

Perhaps this will explain why, from the people who should actually benefit from this but don't think they will. 

https://www.portstrategy.com/news101/world/europe/free-ports-wont-help-brexit-britains-economy

You really need to listen more.  A Freeport under EU controls are not really "Free" ports.

I know it's difficult but do try to keep up.😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, simmo said:

You really need to listen more.  A Freeport under EU controls are not really "Free" ports.

I know it's difficult but do try to keep up.😂

Stop trying to be patronising, you haven't got the brains. 

Instead of copying and pasting then, why not tell us what benefits you intend to see from a "freeport", in your own words?  Just because i don't think you really read what you post.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

•  

30 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

Stop trying to be patronising, you haven't got the brains. 

Instead of copying and pasting then, why not tell us what benefits you intend to see from a "freeport", in your own words?  Just because i don't think you really read what you post.

Typical personal insults when put on the spot. Do you actually know the difference between the proposed freeports and you "free" ports YOU referred to.

I'll wait politely. 😘

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, simmo said:

Typical personal insults when put on the spot. Do you actually know the difference between the proposed freeports and you "free" ports YOU referred to.

I'll wait politely. 😘

I'll list the realities

Less taxation collected by the treasurer 

Established Businesses move to freeports to pay less tax so creating unemployment in the areas they leave

Freeports require giant inputs from the taxpayer for infrastructure, roads, rail etc which all has to be paid for by the taxpayer which the freeport users make little or no contribution to.

Still seem like a good idea???

3 hours ago, Collie said:

Who are N26 ? 
the uk won’t be collapsing anytime soon 

you are getting desperate, you have bigger issues back in ROI , plans to increase your carbon tax to achieve nothing except put people into poverty. How much more will ROI have to cough up to eu to keep the project going ? 

• Like 1

Sneering liberals' contempt for ordinary people is the real issue facing post-Brexit Britain

• Like 1

5 hours ago, simmo said:

Sneering liberals' contempt for ordinary people is the real issue facing post-Brexit Britain

That Janet Daly, a 75 year old AMERICAN journalist.

6 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

And so it came to pass

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/14/uk-holds-preliminary-discussions-with-china-over-building-hs2

I pointed out that the UK didn't have the industrial capacity and lo.

They should have brought China in from day one. Would have saved a fortune.

They can build the Celtic bridge too.

Boris strategy seems to be aimed at courting China. He chose China over the USA and the EU. 

I'm guessing he is looking at some sort of services for goods type trade agreement. Which sort of makes sense.

• Like 1