You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

fjm

RRV timeline question

Once a RRV has been granted, does the travel facility period run from the date it is granted or from date you enter Australia..?

5 hours ago, fjm said:

Once a RRV has been granted, does the travel facility period run from the date it is granted or from date you enter Australia..?

From the date it was granted.

Stream: 186DE
Nomination applied:  20Dec2018
Nomination approved:  25Feb2019
Visa applied:  28Feb2019
Visa granted:  3May2019
IMMI Status:
Finalized

Thank you. Does anyone know the current processing time from outside Australia?

The spread is quite wide. Depending on circumstances 2-3 months is the norm for those that don’t meet the residence requirement, but there are some taking much longer. 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. 

Is it possible to request a start date when you lodge the application? Or do you just have to take pot luck that the timeline will tie in with dates? 

11 hours ago, fjm said:

Is it possible to request a start date when you lodge the application? Or do you just have to take pot luck that the timeline will tie in with dates? 

No, you can’t request a grant date. If you are granted the visa it will have a 1 year expiry. Based on what you have previously posted, can you demonstrate that you have substantial ties to Australia, of benefit to Australia, and compelling reasons for your absence?

Paul Hand

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. 

8 hours ago, paulhand said:

No, you can’t request a grant date. If you are granted the visa it will have a 1 year expiry. Based on what you have previously posted, can you demonstrate that you have substantial ties to Australia, of benefit to Australia, and compelling reasons for your absence?

Hi, thanks. I’m concerned I may only get a 3 month travel facility... If it’s 1yr then that’s fine as ties in.  My husband and children are all citizens, my husband has a good job offer in the private defense sector. 
 We were going to return sooner but my father suffered 2 heart attacks and has been very frail ever since. We wanted the children to spend time with him while they could. Now my eldest is 14, if we are going to move, we need to do it now before he starts GCSE work.

I’m also concerned my RRV will be denied on the basis that I travelled to Australia in 2017 on a tourist visa...

8 minutes ago, fjm said:

I’m also concerned my RRV will be denied on the basis that I travelled to Australia in 2017 on a tourist visa...

This shouldn't be an issue, based on what you have posted.

8 minutes ago, fjm said:

My husband and children are all citizens, my husband has a good job offer in the private defense sector. 
 We were going to return sooner but my father suffered 2 heart attacks and has been very frail ever since. We wanted the children to spend time with him while they could.

That should cover things. 

It may be worthwhile having a consultation with an RMA so that you understand all the permutations and what you would need to do to make the best possible application.

Paul Hand

SunCoast Migration Ltd

4 minutes ago, paulhand said:

This shouldn't be an issue, based on what you have posted.

That should cover things. 

It may be worthwhile having a consultation with an RMA so that you understand all the permutations and what you would need to do to make the best possible application.

Thank you. You’ve been very helpful. I know you can’t say for sure, but do you think there is a risk of being granted only 3 months RRV based on my situation?

Also, is it easier to use a RMA based in UK? Or Australia? What is the approximate cost involved for using RMA?

1 minute ago, fjm said:

Thank you. You’ve been very helpful. I know you can’t say for sure, but do you think there is a risk of being granted only 3 months RRV based on my situation?

Also, is it easier to use a RMA based in UK? Or Australia? What is the approximate cost involved for using RMA?

If you get in touch via my website below, I am happy to have a quick no obligation chat.

Paul Hand

SunCoast Migration Ltd

14 hours ago, fjm said:

I don't think you'll get a figure for this out of a RMA on a public website as it would set a precedent and to be honest the prices will be related to the work you require (and in the case of not signing up for the "complete" service" how complex it is to sort that specific issue).

However, i cant see any decent RMS being unwilling to give you a comprehensive quote if you deal direct with them. The one's that post frequently on here are all good