RRV Visa

Ajar

Hi,

Request your valuable inputs.

1. When would be the ideal time to apply for renewal of PR ( I understand it is called RRV visa, please correct me if wrong) ?

2. My spouse have completed 2 years stay in Australia and is currently overseas. Will I be able to apply for renewal on her behalf ?

3. My child is 6 years, has a PR but has not completed 2 years stay and is overseas. Will I be able to apply for my child also ?

Thank you

If you are onshore, you do not need an RRV unless you wish to travel overseas, if you do or are offshore you should apply before your current permanent visa expires. If you have spent 2 years in Australia, the grant will most likely be quick and you will get a 5 year RRV. If not, then you will get a one year visa and you should factor in up to 12 weeks for processing. 

Specifically:

1. See above

2. Yes

3. Yes

Thank you for your reply. This helps.

Could you please help with one more query: My child is 6 years, has a PR but has not completed 2 years stay and is overseas. Will I be able to apply for my child also

Will my also child get a 5 year RRV  ?

Thank you

Hi Paul,

Could you please help with one more query: My child is 6 years, has a PR but has not completed 2 years stay and is overseas.

I have completed over 2 years stay in Australia. Will my a child also get a 5 year RRV  ?

Thank you

27 minutes ago, Ajar said:

Hi Paul,

Could you please help with one more query: My child is 6 years, has a PR but has not completed 2 years stay and is overseas.

I have completed over 2 years stay in Australia. Will my a child also get a 5 year RRV  ?

Thank you

No - your child will get a one year RRV as a member of your family unit. This would be renewable whilst you held your RRV.

1 hour ago, Ajar said:

Ok, Thank you

Would my child's RRV be renewable twice or more, and would she be eligible for Citizenship when I apply for my Citizenship.

Thank you

Yes - as things stand, as long as you hold an RRV, your child would continue to be eligible. 

Hi all, 

I'm a permanent resident of Australia, and currently have a resident return visa which expires in July 2022. 

I'm currently out of Australia for the last 8 months or so. 

Just wanted to check, what are the conditions for maintaining my residency, I've read somewhere that to get my next resident return visa, I have to be in Australia for 2 years out of the 5 years... Is that correct?? And if it is, then do we have to be in the country for 2 years consecutively or it just has to be 2 years within 5 years?

Hope to hear from you all soon 🙂

31 minutes ago, Animesh said:

Hi all, 

I'm a permanent resident of Australia, and currently have a resident return visa which expires in July 2022. 

I'm currently out of Australia for the last 8 months or so. 

Just wanted to check, what are the conditions for maintaining my residency, I've read somewhere that to get my next resident return visa, I have to be in Australia for 2 years out of the 5 years... Is that correct?? And if it is, then do we have to be in the country for 2 years consecutively or it just has to be 2 years within 5 years?

Hope to hear from you all soon 🙂

2 years within the 5 before you make the application. You may still be eligible for a one year RRV if you don't meet this residence test, but have substantial ties to Australia which are of benefit to Australia.

48 minutes ago, paulhand said:

2 years within the 5 before you make the application. You may still be eligible for a one year RRV if you don't meet this residence test, but have substantial ties to Australia which are of benefit to Australia.

Thanks Paul, appreciate your help... I'll probably spend 2 years for sure.. So hopefully I won't need the one year RRV.. Thanks again 🙂