190 processing time

Martina

Hi all, 

I'm concerned with how much time the 190 processing time is taking. Does anybody know why is it so slow now? I know from last year that it usually took 3 months to first co contact and I'm now sitting at 122 days and nothing is happening. I'm aware that people who applied in February (!) are now receiving first co contact. 

I understand the immi cuts affected invitations but can't find the answer to why processing time is the slowest in a decade. 

Thanks and good luck to everyone! 

2 hours ago, Martina said:

Hi all, 

I'm concerned with how much time the 190 processing time is taking. Does anybody know why is it so slow now? I know from last year that it usually took 3 months to first co contact and I'm now sitting at 122 days and nothing is happening. I'm aware that people who applied in February (!) are now receiving first co contact. 

I understand the immi cuts affected invitations but can't find the answer to why processing time is the slowest in a decade. 

The current processing time for subclass 190 is 9 months to 10 months...And currently CO contacts avergely nearer to six Months after Lodgement. Moreover, there were elections in the May-19 so due to that all the applications for the visa were on hold.. And they have boosted up the visa processing in Early june. Now.. They are clearing the backlogs and trying to process faster.. Since subclass 489 is closed for invitation & last date of lodgment of visa is 15th November for 489. Currently 189 is being issued less just 100 Nos. for 190 invitation are also less due to new poimt system & new subclass 491 comes into affect. Hence, this all will reduce the application volume & they can process faster for the existing applications and after November visa processing will cut out for sure..

On 29/09/2019 at 11:09, Arju_12 said:

The current processing time for subclass 190 is 9 months to 10 months...And currently CO contacts avergely nearer to six Months after Lodgement. Moreover, there were elections in the May-19 so due to that all the applications for the visa were on hold.. And they have boosted up the visa processing in Early june. Now.. They are clearing the backlogs and trying to process faster.. Since subclass 489 is closed for invitation & last date of lodgment of visa is 15th November for 489. Currently 189 is being issued less just 100 Nos. for 190 invitation are also less due to new poimt system & new subclass 491 comes into affect. Hence, this all will reduce the application volume & they can process faster for the existing applications and after November visa processing will cut out for sure..

OK let's hope it will get faster soon! 

2 hours ago, Martina said:

OK let's hope it will get faster soon! 

Hiya Martina

I lodged end of April and looking at how things are going i am not expecting my 1st CO contact until around the end of November, maybe a couple of weeks earlier with the overall processing time dropping.

40 minutes ago, Lavers said:

Hiya Martina

I lodged end of April and looking at how things are going i am not expecting my 1st CO contact until around the end of November, maybe a couple of weeks earlier with the overall processing time dropping.

Hey Lavers, 

I know you're in front of me so I'm watching your case carefully 😂 I'm hoping to get my PR in February the latest but it's a LONG wait and I'm losing my patience. 

47 minutes ago, Martina said:

Hey Lavers, 

I know you're in front of me so I'm watching your case carefully 😂 I'm hoping to get my PR in February the latest but it's a LONG wait and I'm losing my patience. 

I don't think that you will be far off with Feb, there was someone on here recently and I think that after she had 1st CO contact, she got her grant a month or 2 after that.

Just try and relax and enjoy winter 🤣

Edited by Lavers

On 29/09/2019 at 07:05, Martina said:

Hi all, 

We are 204 days in and have not heard a thing. Our migration agent says on average, now, it is around the 220 -240 days to receive CO contact or your grant. Just hang in there as there is nothing we can do about these delays.

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, KCHOU said:

DHA seems to move resources and manpower to deal with the upcoming 491

I think it is expected that both days to be contacted by CO 189 and 190 will be further lengthen.

It seems to me that they are trying to push along the 190 visa, so hopefully the times will shorten.

5 hours ago, Lavers said:

Good news everyone...I have had a request for my medicals and police checks this morning 👍 178days since submitting my application.

Cool - if mine is 178 days after lodging application then January 1st will be a new year in more ways than usual ...

Congrats on getting to the last hurdle mate...

21 minutes ago, sazid.au said:

Congratulations mate!!

May I know your occupation and state please. 

I'm pretty sure once you have your 190 nomination the applications for a visa grant are handled in pretty much time order (within the various visa types 189, 190 etc) so the state and occupation should make no difference once you've lodged the full visa application.

It's my understanding they only affect the time taken to ne invited to apply - - I could be wrong though

2 hours ago, Lavers said:

Cheers everyone...Sazid I have applied to SA for metal fabricator but i am sure like Ausvisitor says when you submit your visa application then you are just in a queue like everyone else.

Thanks mate. Appreciate it. 

Wish you will get your golden email shortly. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lavers said:

Looking like the 190 was the best route seeing as the 189 has gone out to 11 - 33 months

I'm hoping I will agree with you in a couple of months 😉

To us it was a no-brainer - we knew where we wanted to move to and we could apply for either a 189 or 190 there so it made sense to go for the 190 (which so long as you're occupation is on the list) seems to be the path of least resistance. Our invite to apply for nomination/sponsorship was in our inbox within 48 hours of lodging.

Hopefully the wait will be over soon. As we've already done our police certs (involved a couple of more difficult countries that I lived in for work) and getting Meds done in a couple of weeks we might end up with a direct grant about the time you get yours after meds and certs

14 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

I'm hoping I will agree with you in a couple of months 😉

To us it was a no-brainer - we knew where we wanted to move to and we could apply for either a 189 or 190 there so it made sense to go for the 190 (which so long as you're occupation is on the list) seems to be the path of least resistance. Our invite to apply for nomination/sponsorship was in our inbox within 48 hours of lodging.

Hopefully the wait will be over soon. As we've already done our police certs (involved a couple of more difficult countries that I lived in for work) and getting Meds done in a couple of weeks we might end up with a direct grant about the time you get yours after meds and certs

When did you lodge?

I was going to book my meds a few weeks ago as I had a feeling that I would hear something, I didn't bother though.

Just paid for PCC and booked my medical for next Thursday, so not long to wait.