EOI query

Jonesfamily

Hi, random question!!...my husband is due to take the English Language test needed for the EOI, and the results are due on the 11th October... As this is the next available run (11th of each month), does anyone know if we can submit a EOI application on this day and it be included in the October run, or does it have to be before the 11th of each month?.

We are working to an unbearably tight deadline as my husband turns 45 at the beginning of January 2020šŸ˜±, hence the need to get it in asap!!!

Thanks so much in advance for any help x

I am not totally sure of what you are asking, but you need to have your results before you can submit an eoi.Ā 

I also suggest you look at points generally as it is currently 75 is aĀ bare minimum needed, that is likely to increase shortly (based on last year). I would say for a 189, he will need realistically 80. Have you looked at a 190 state sponsored visa as this doesn't have a points competition?Ā 

Sorry.. the test date is this Saturday for the English and they have said that we will get the results on the 11th October. When applying for the EOI, they only do one run a month now which is on the 11th of each month, and I was hoping that when we submitted our application it may be included in the October run, but I think if we do it on the 11th October it will be put to the 11th November run.. it is what is.. time-wise we are tight. Yes, thanks for that, we have looked at the points system and should be ok for 75. Thank you for replying!

I donā€™t know for sure but it would make sense that it isnā€™t looked at until November. Australia is ahead of the UK in terms of time, so depending where in Australia this happens you could submit your eoi at 11am and in Melbourne/Sydney it would be 7 or 8pm. I didnā€™t have to apply through this system so donā€™t fully understand it, is it automated with an algorithm deciding who gets invited? If so the time difference may not matter but if its people deciding then presumably working hours.

Maybe assume Nov and if you get an invite in October it will be a pleasant surprise!

Other wiseĀ folk might know more about it.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Thank you so much #ambersnowball and #31Hillbury... Yes I think November as well..but hoping fingers crossed works for October!!.. We have booked the test for this Sunday, but there is a slim window to retake which will probably be the Pte, thanks so much for the advice.. this has been a long journey to just get to this point of the process, and we havent even tacked the Visa yet!!