Do family links with another state affect state sponsorship?

Fatimah

Applying for 190 skilled nominated, with Victorian State sponsorship.

I was recently informed by my agent that in order to meet the Victorian State Sponsorship criteria I would require a job offer to support my application and show commitment to Victoria beacuse we have links with another state.  My husband's family live in NSW and we have made a few visits there over the last 20 years. My husband also lived in NSW as a student for 18 months in 2006.

I have checked the website and for my occupation (French Teacher) there is no requirement for a job offer.

Does anyone have any information regarding this?

Thanks 

Edited by Fatimah

20 hours ago, Fatimah said:

Applying for 190 skilled nominated, with Victorian State sponsorship.

I was recently informed by my agent that in order to meet the Victorian State Sponsorship criteria I would require a job offer to support my application and show commitment to Victoria beacuse we have links with another state.  My husband's family live in NSW and we have made a few visits there over the last 20 years. My husband also lived in NSW as a student for 18 months in 2006.

I have checked the website and for my occupation (French Teacher) there is no requirement for a job offer.

Does anyone have any information regarding this?

Thanks 

It does affect your state sponsorship very much! It may not be in the official conditions but if you don't have a job offer they simply won't invite you. They wanted the same from me because my family was staying TEMPORARILY in other state and I ended up providing a sufficient commitment letter (after a long conversations and fighting with victorian government). 

• 3 weeks later...

We have family in a different state to which we have sponsorship and also family in New Zealand. I wrote this in my statement in my EOI application and also declared it on my Form 80 and still received an invitation to apply for the visa. I think as long as you are still showing your commitment to the sponsoring state then it doesn’t matter. 

As long as you do not provide false or misleading information, it does not matter.

NZ relatives are not a problem and depending on the state/territory and the closeness of the relationship, relatives in another state/territory might not be.

Edited by wrussell