You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hi everyone , 

I’m just so stressed out and worried right at the moment!  Could someone please give me some advices on this . 

Im applying for 186 Visa at the moment. In submitted form 80 , I have declared that I’m married but we already separated!  

And  now I got a S56 request for more information but they are mainly on my “Soon to be” ex- husband and evidence of separation  ! The requested documents for my husband were : AFP , Health Check and form 80 for him and evidence of separation! 

Why would they request documents about my separated -spouse? And he is not even 

Now I don’t know what to do! We have been separated for 2 years and he definitely wouldn’t /couldn’t support me on the requested documents as he is living in another country now ! And we are waiting for the Divorce paper at the moment ! 

I have only 28 days to submit requested documents, but the divorce paper ( i just applied recently) will take 3months . 

What should I do in this case? Will they accept my Divorce status at this point ?  even it was just a pending divorce case ? Or Will they refuse my Visa Application as I cant provide all the requested documents? 

25 minutes ago, Big big girl said:

Hi everyone , 

I’m just so stressed out and worried right at the moment!  Could someone please give me some advices on this . 

Im applying for 186 Visa at the moment. In submitted form 80 , I have declared that I’m married but we already separated!  

And  now I got a S56 request for more information but they are mainly on my “Soon to be” ex- husband and evidence of separation  ! The requested documents for my husband were : AFP , Health Check and form 80 for him and evidence of separation! 

Why would they request documents about my separated -spouse? And he is not even 

Now I don’t know what to do! We have been separated for 2 years and he definitely wouldn’t /couldn’t support me on the requested documents as he is living in another country now ! And we are waiting for the Divorce paper at the moment ! 

I have only 28 days to submit requested documents, but the divorce paper ( i just applied recently) will take 3months . 

What should I do in this case? Will they accept my Divorce status at this point ?  even it was just a pending divorce case ? Or Will they refuse my Visa Application as I cant provide all the requested documents? 

If you are "separated" then he is still your spouse and you are required to provide details about him. He does not stop being your spouse until you are "divorced". 

Until the divorce is legal and finalised he is still married to you and therefore is still eligible for a visa as your husband. That is why they are asking for his details, forms etc

Hi Nemesis, 

Thank you for your message ! 

My spouse won’t help me to provide the requested documents. 

And I also just submitted the Divorce Application! It will take 3 months to get the  order ! 

So I have just responded to the Request with a statement to explain the situation and also sent in the proof of Divorce Application, what is the chance of grant the visa  ? 😞 I’m so worried! If I get refused , I will get the bad record and I will be hard to apply for the visa in future!  

On your application, did you indicate your marital status as married or separated?  If you indicated your status as married, then you can complete and upload form 1022 to change your marital status to separated.

• Like 2

Hi Maggie, 

The status was separated on the form. 

Now I have submitted the Divorce Application and sent it to them as well im my response ! 

Will they still ask me for spouse documents? 

On 23/09/2019 at 09:08, MaggieMay24 said:

On your application, did you indicate your marital status as married or separated?  If you indicated your status as married, then you can complete and upload form 1022 to change your marital status to separated.

Hi Maggie, 

The status was separated on the form. 

Now I have just submitted the Divorce Application and sent it to them  in my response ! 

Will they give me sometime for my divorce to be finalised  or will they refuse my 186 visa application as I couldn’t  provide the requested documents ?