Red Rose

Does dating get harder the older you get?

3 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Who says that? Older guys and George Clooney.

As an older guy myself I reckon my peak was mid 20's. Downhill from then on.

Who says that? Older guys and George Clooney.

As an older guy myself I reckon my peak was mid 20's. Downhill from then on.

RICH men age like fine wine perhaps,  eg  Nicolas Cage,  57 just married 27 yo, his umpteenth wife.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MARYROSE02 said:

RICH men age like fine wine perhaps,  eg  Nicolas Cage,  57 just married 27 yo, his umpteenth wife.

I am far from rich but my girlfriend is 17 years younger than me - she is foreign though, obviously confused when I said "I'm brassic"" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I've been lucky on that front, still have the full thatch, my Dad did too till he died at 92. My sons are pretty happy.

My wifes been asking me to get it cut for a few weeks now. She used to do it but arthritis means she can't operate the scissors as good as she used to.

I've found a hairdressers at Whitfords who only charges $10 if you have a seniors card. Chinese ladies and I think the only English they know is "how long". No conversation but the right price.

Bargain 👍

only a week between a good hair cut and a bad one 😂😂

Edited by Rallyman
  • Like 1

A good rule of thumb with testing whether she is overweight is to assume that if there are no pictures in her profile from the neck downwards, that she probably is. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

A good rule of thumb with testing whether she is overweight is to assume that if there are no pictures in her profile from the neck downwards, that she probably is. 

What do people think about disabilities? If someone was missing a hand, would they walk away too?

Some people seem to think people lose their value if someone puts on a few pounds.

Edited by newjez

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

28 minutes ago, Red Rose said:

Same applies to men.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2021 at 08:23, Tulip1 said:

Treat them mean and keep them keen, good call! 

I hate that expression whether it's applied by men to women or women to men. 

On 06/03/2021 at 11:12, Parley said:

Post your profile on here and Marissa can help jazz it up for you.

Change "office clerk" to "office manager." Change "likes football and rock concerts" to "likes theatre and ballet?"

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, MARYROSE02 said:

Change "office clerk" to "office manager." Change "likes football and rock concerts" to "likes theatre and ballet?"

No, those are lies.

https://www.eharmony.com.au/dating-advice/using-eharmony/eharmony-profile-sections

Edited by Marisawright

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

On 08/03/2021 at 01:50, Paul1Perth said:

Chinese ladies and I think the only English they know is "how long". No conversation but the right price.

Are you sure it's a hairdresser Paul?

1 hour ago, MARYROSE02 said:

Is she really worth sitting through the ballet even once? What's the point?

1 hour ago, MARYROSE02 said:

My son worked as the manager of the local service station, at weekends and public holidays while he was studying at university. A friend suggested he put manager in the oil industry on his cv..

MR, I think that football to ballet is a stretch too far!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

Yeh, I'm sure everyone follows rules on social media sites.😆

They're not rules.  They're suggestions to help you achieve your goal, assuming your goal is to find a genuine partner.  If you make stuff up, you're only wasting your own time, because your dates will find you out eventually and it will all be for nothing.  Of course, if all you want is to  deceive women into giving you a quick ****, that's a different story...

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

10 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

They're not rules.  They're suggestions to help you achieve your goal, assuming your goal is to find a genuine partner.  If you make stuff up, you're only wasting your own time, because your dates will find you out eventually and it will all be for nothing.  Of course, if all you want is to  deceive women into giving you a quick ****, that's a different story...

Maybe the women want a quick ****.

I want it all, and I want it now.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Parley said:

Maybe the women want a quick ****.

Nothing wrong with that either, if that's what you're both looking for, although in that case why bother making stuff up.   Just be honest, because your interests (fake or real) aren't relevant in that situation anyway.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

On 07/03/2021 at 19:51, newjez said:

Well, if you want to meet someone you don't like that doesn't share any interests with you, then sure. But why would you want that? 

Er...... Do we really need to explain that?🤭

On 08/03/2021 at 01:50, Paul1Perth said:

I've been lucky on that front, still have the full thatch, my Dad did too till he died at 92. My sons are pretty happy.

My wifes been asking me to get it cut for a few weeks now. She used to do it but arthritis means she can't operate the scissors as good as she used to.

I've found a hairdressers at Whitfords who only charges $10 if you have a seniors card. Chinese ladies and I think the only English they know is "how long". No conversation but the right price.

"How long" was probably her mates name 😂

On 28/02/2021 at 00:00, FirstWorldProblems said:

Scammers?  

I’ve been out of the dating scene for a long time, what are the scams that people are running on dating sites?

People of both sexes run sob story scams and fleece people of money. Prostitutes are on the sites, women from overseas who want to get into Australia.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, ramot said:

My son worked as the manager of the local service station, at weekends and public holidays while he was studying at university. A friend suggested he put manager in the oil industry on his cv..

MR, I think that football to ballet is a stretch too far!

Whether it's a footy stadium or a play/ballet it's all theatre. Don't they call Old Trafford the "Theatre of Dreams?" To be honest there's no reason why couples have to share the same interests. Whilst the guy is watching the football the girl could be at the theatre, or vice versa of course. Melbourne girls ALWAYS have a footy club. i was talking to four girls from Melbourne in the pub and I asked them if they have a team? All four - Richmond, Collingwood, Carlton. They bought me shot too, which I don't usually do - tequila with salt and lemon!

That's a white lie - "manager in the oil industry" - typist or secretary or executive assistant, office clerk or office manager, so long as you can talk the talk.

3 hours ago, MARYROSE02 said:

Whether it's a footy stadium or a play/ballet it's all theatre. Don't they call Old Trafford the "Theatre of Dreams?" To be honest there's no reason why couples have to share the same interests. Whilst the guy is watching the football the girl could be at the theatre, or vice versa of course. Melbourne girls ALWAYS have a footy club. i was talking to four girls from Melbourne in the pub and I asked them if they have a team? All four - Richmond, Collingwood, Carlton. They bought me shot too, which I don't usually do - tequila with salt and lemon!

That's a white lie - "manager in the oil industry" - typist or secretary or executive assistant, office clerk or office manager, so long as you can talk the talk.

My hubby and I have shared and differing interest - Football (soccer) and cricket are our shared interest, He enjoys the theatre with me, but not keen on ballet .. he's quite happy to meet my daughter and I after the show and join us for drinks 

• Like 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

On 09/03/2021 at 12:53, newjez said:

Is she really worth sitting through the ballet even once? What's the point?

I''d prefer sitting through the ballet than going to Bunnings or Ikea.

On 09/03/2021 at 22:28, ali said:

My hubby and I have shared and differing interest - Football (soccer) and cricket are our shared interest, He enjoys the theatre with me, but not keen on ballet .. he's quite happy to meet my daughter and I after the show and join us for drinks 

I like the sound of that compromise. You go to the ballet and I'll do something else I enjoy then we'll meet up afterwards for drinks BUT what if you have a partner who expects you to accompany her or him to those unpleasant activities? Actually, I've been to a number of shows of all kinds - the Rolling Stones at the SCG for example to Jersey Boys (Loathed it too apart from the songs) where I've had far more fun in the bar before the show. I did enjoy My Fair Lady in Sydney but at many shows I just find it an imposition to have be be wedged into a seat in a crowded auditorium.

On 08/03/2021 at 17:05, newjez said:

What do people think about disabilities? If someone was missing a hand, would they walk away too?

Some people seem to think people lose their value if someone puts on a few pounds.

That's a tough question because we all notice difference - don't we? I was having a coffee the other day in Cavill Mall when I noticed a group of six or eight "Moslems". I only knew that because the girls were all dressed in black from their head to their knees but the guys were wearing board shorts but nothing else. If the girls had all been dressed as "Aussies"  but one of them had had tattoos all over her body, I would have noticed that too. That's not uncommon either - three or four girls dressed up to the nines in their clubbing miniskirts but one or more is tattooed.

My thoughts were "I understand why women might be expected to dress modestly but isn't it unfair that the men don't have to" and "Why has that pretty girl ruined her arms and legs with those horrible tattoos?" 

I made value judgements based upon my own values/prejudices whatever you want to call them, plus I noticed differences from the norms - MY norms if you like.

• Confused 1

On 23/09/2019 at 08:37, Paul1Perth said:

My Sister in the UK is 60. Doesn't look anywhere near her age and is a lovely person too. She's divorced twice. Got married very young to a guy she was at school with and a friend of mine. Had kids early, divorced in her forties, married a guy 10 years her junior and had a son. Divorced again in her 50's, went on dating apps, went out and lived with a guy with serious money for a few years, nice enough bloke but workaholic and not my sisters type at all, even my nieces wondered what they had in common. That all fell in a heap about 18 months back and she's taken up with another rich bloke. This ones a nicer guy, retired, owns lots of land several houses but seeing him you wouldn't say he was the least bit attractive. He's overweight, no interest in sport, looks a lot older than he is but he's got money.

Sorry to have to say it but my sis has got used to a certain type of lifestyle and she's not about to give it up.

She's moved in with him, retired from her job and been on 2 cruises and an Italian holiday in the last 3 months.

feel sorry for her paul, she  never found true love, all the money in the world cannot replace the love that you have for a soul mate.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..