character strengths and well-being: Call for participants

Guest vavel7

Guest vavel7

Hallo everybody,

My name is Armaou Maria. Iʼd like to inform you about my dissertation project on the relationship between the strengths of character and subjective well being of secondary school teachers that is being undertaken as part of my MSc degree in Occupational Psychology at the University of Nottingham.

The target population of this research is secondary school teachers speaking english as 1st language. So I do hope that some of you that read that post may be interested in participating before leaving for your holidays!!

It involves a two parts on-line survey, in which secondary school teachers who volunteer to participate need to complete: a) the VIA Signature Strengths Survey and b) two brief questionnaires regarding their subjective well-being and job characteristics. This will take approximately 35 minutes.

Participants will be able to get immediate feedback on their top 5 Strengths

Participation is entirely voluntary and all responses will be confidential and be used for research purposes only.

The aim of this research is to explore the occupational pattern of character strengths, how they are related to life satisfaction, and how parameters of teachers' job affect this relationship.

In order to participate in this survey you only have to visit the following web site address:

http://www.onlinepsychresearch.co.uk/pos.htm

(part 1 & part 2!! )

For the first part, participants need to fully complete a free registration page, creating a username and a personal password and entering in the LAST tab of this registration page the research code: MAR002. As username they should use an e-mail address.

At the end of this page you can find the "privacy policy" of the institute.

NO IDENTIFIABLE DETAILS WILL BE SHARED (e,g. name & e-mail) and I'll only get demographic information: age, sex and country and participants' responses to the questionnaire.

ALL RESPONSES WILL BE CONFIDENTIAL AND USED FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY.

This profile will allow participants get IMMEDIATE FEEDBACK on their strengths.

THEN they can move on to the Survey-center and select the Signature Strenghts Questionnaire. .

For the second part no login is required

I'd appreciate if you could forward this information to any colleagues of yours that may be interested in participating!!

Additional information can be found at;

Character Strengths Research (Teachers' Character Strengths and Well-Being)

Thanks for your interest,

Armaou Maria

Archived