Arco police check

TheExpatBean

Hi everyone,

I know in the scheme of things the arco check is such a small step, but I have aย worried family member!

Does anyone know if the offence for driving with no insurance will show if found guilty in court in 2013? Even though this would be a spent conviction (so OH says...thanks to a google search!)

Also will an arrest/caution from the age of 17 show? This is my bad...silly childish mistakes!

Thanks in advance for any info!

Bean ๐Ÿ‘

There is no such thing as a spent conviction as far as immigration are concerned. The 2013 conviction will show, and it is likely the caution will too. There are three 'levels' on the ACRO report:

NO TRACE = No Criminal Record. NO LIVE TRACE = Old Criminal Record. LIVE TRACE = Recent Criminal Record

If you have either of the latter two, you will need to explain further and likely produce a subject access report. Neither would be fatal to an application if properly declared.

23 hours ago, paulhand said:

There is no such thing as a spent conviction as far as immigration are concerned. The 2013 conviction will show, and it is likely the caution will too. There are three 'levels' on the ACRO report:

NO TRACE = No Criminal Record. NO LIVE TRACE = Old Criminal Record. LIVE TRACE = Recent Criminal Record

If you have either of the latter two, you will need to explain further and likely produce a subject access report. Neither would be fatal to an application if properly declared.

Absolutely - although a subject access request and the additional checks based on the explanation given will take longer