NSW 190

Areyousure

Hi,

Everything I have read recently indicates that you will not get an invite with 65 points or if you do you will be extremely lucky. For the 190 I think you are looking at needing a minimum of 70 points. I recently saw a list of non pro rata invites that were given for the NSW 190 in 2019 and I think the lowest points score was 70.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Brunswick91 said:

Hi,

Everything I have read recently indicates that you will not get an invite with 65 points or if you do you will be extremely lucky. For the 190 I think you are looking at needing a minimum of 70 points. I recently saw a list of non pro rata invites that were given for the NSW 190 in 2019 and I think the lowest points score was 70.

Is it 70 points including state points? 

Yes including state points but the higher the points you have the better as they will always choose the person with high points first and at the moment 70 points is even considered low. I applied in August with 70 points for a non pro rata and have not got an invite yet. I think its really competitive at the moment so 70 probably still isn't sufficient, I'm trying to increase mine to 80.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brunswick91 said:

Yes including state points but the higher the points you have the better as they will always choose the person with high points first and at the moment 70 points is even considered low. I applied in August with 70 points for a non pro rata and have not got an invite yet. I think its really competitive at the moment so 70 probably still isn't sufficient, I'm trying to increase mine to 80.

Okay, what are you applying under ? Hope things pick up in November. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/09/2019 at 05:54, Brunswick91 said:

Don't get downhearted about it I applied in April for my nomination and got asked to apply in 48 hours with 70 points (65 before nomination),

What seems to be important (for NSW at least) seems to be the English points awarded they seem to prioritise those with 20 English points

• Congratulations 1

On 23/10/2019 at 03:30, Ausvisitor said:

Don't get downhearted about it I applied in April for my nomination and got asked to apply in 48 hours with 70 points (65 before nomination),

What seems to be important (for NSW at least) seems to be the English points awarded they seem to prioritise those with 20 English points

What was this for?

On 22/10/2019 at 17:30, Ausvisitor said:

Yes this is spot on. We had our EOI lodged for around 4 months without any invite. Then the second we updated our EOI with 20 points for English we received our invite. Go get those extra points, it will be worth every penny.

Edited by JohnDoug
  • Congratulations 1