Visas

Ian Kendrick

Been in care in hospital since 22march this year I have been told I'm not allowed to work due to two separate amputations so I have recently got engaged to my Phillipines girlfriend  and was about to apply for partner visa she has nine year old son.  .So I'm getting told. Apply  for carers visa is this possible  I'm still in care at moment thanks. In advance Ian

The issue with a caters visa is that processing times are very long. A minimum of five years (which is likely to blow out significantly). 

A partner visa would be significantly quicker, but, you would need to check the relationship qualifies. They will want to see evidence that you are a lot more than just boyfriend / girlfriend and that the relationship is much more like man and wife, albeit without the ceremony.

If you can not show that, then a option would be a prospective marriage visa. This would allow her to travel to Australia, you would then need to get married and she would then apply for a partner visa onshore