BVB application before BVA has kicked in and application to change bridging visa work conditions - which comes first?

mooona

Hi!

I've lodged my 461 partner visa application but my bridging visa hasn't kicked in yet since my tourist visa is still valid until 26th October 2019. But, I'll be abroad 16th October - 7th November so my tourist visa will expire while I'm abroad and therefore I need to apply BVB - I've understood I can apply the BVB even though my actual BVA hasn't started yet?

I'm also applying to change the bridging visa conditions to get a working permit while waiting for the visa, but now I'm thinking whether it matters which application I do first, the BVB or the form 1005 to change the work conditions? Is there a risk one would replace the other and I would lose either the BVB travel option or then the work permit? Apologies if the explanation was too complex 🙂

Thank you so much for any help!

41 minutes ago, mooona said:

Hi!

I've lodged my 461 partner visa application but my bridging visa hasn't kicked in yet since my tourist visa is still valid until 26th October 2019. But, I'll be abroad 16th October - 7th November so my tourist visa will expire while I'm abroad and therefore I need to apply BVB - I've understood I can apply the BVB even though my actual BVA hasn't started yet?

I'm also applying to change the bridging visa conditions to get a working permit while waiting for the visa, but now I'm thinking whether it matters which application I do first, the BVB or the form 1005 to change the work conditions? Is there a risk one would replace the other and I would lose either the BVB travel option or then the work permit? Apologies if the explanation was too complex 🙂

Thank you so much for any help!

Hi, not sure on this and others will be able to help more, but I’m pretty sure there was another thread on here where an agent said you could apply for the BVB prior to the BVA starting. Also,  I thought the BVA for aa partner visa came with work rights. How do you know it hasn’t if it hasn’t been issued yet?

@paulhand  is the agent I think said this. Paul can you clarify?

Yes, you can apply for a BVB before the BVA comes into effect. Remember if you have a multiple entry visitor visa and you leave before it expires, then you will get another three months visitor visa on your return and the bridging visa won’t kick in until that ends. You will need to show cause to vary the work conditions.

@Amber Snowball a 461 is not a “partner” visa and usually a bridging visa to a 461 inherits the same conditions as the visa the person is applying from.  The grant letter will show the conditions even if the visa is not in effect.

Thank you @Amber Snowball and @paulhand

I do have a multiple entry tourist visa but it states "Visa expiry date 26th October 2019" and "Must not arrive after 26th October 2019" so the way understand it, the visitor visa has expired on 7th Nov and that's why I need to have a BVB to return AUS? And therefore the 3-month visitor visa will not start all over again? Correct if I'm wrong.

And yes my Bridging visa doesn't have the work permits since I first had a tourist visa. Do you know whether it matters if I apply first the BVB or the change of work conditions?

Thank you!

39 minutes ago, paulhand said:

Yes, you can apply for a BVB before the BVA comes into effect. Remember if you have a multiple entry visitor visa and you leave before it expires, then you will get another three months visitor visa on your return and the bridging visa won’t kick in until that ends. You will need to show cause to vary the work conditions.

@Amber Snowball a 461 is not a “partner” visa and usually a bridging visa to a 461 inherits the same conditions as the visa the person is applying from.  The grant letter will show the conditions even if the visa is not in effect.

Ooops. The OP said it was a partner visa in their first post, my bad!

Thanks Paul, knew you’d save the day! 😁

1 hour ago, mooona said:

Thank you @Amber Snowball and @paulhand

I do have a multiple entry tourist visa but it states "Visa expiry date 26th October 2019" and "Must not arrive after 26th October 2019" so the way understand it, the visitor visa has expired on 7th Nov and that's why I need to have a BVB to return AUS? And therefore the 3-month visitor visa will not start all over again? Correct if I'm wrong.

And yes my Bridging visa doesn't have the work permits since I first had a tourist visa. Do you know whether it matters if I apply first the BVB or the change of work conditions?

Thank you!

I can’t give you specific advice without seeing your visa grant letter. I would suggest you get some advice, based on your circumstances, around the BV issues you raise.