309/100 partner visa biometrics requirement and cost

Samsamsam

Hi Guys,

Doing some budgeting for the overall 309/100 partner visa costs. I've seen some discussion on biometrics, started to look into it and found information here. In the opening paragraph it says: 

"You will need to provide your biometrics at an Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC) or an Australian Biometrics Collection Centre (ABCC) if you apply:

• for a visa that is part of the biometrics program   Applicable to me - applying for 309/100 visa
  • from a country that is part of our biometrics program" Not applicable to me- applying from the UK

Is this an "AND" relationship between the two bullet points, or an "OR"? 

If it's an "OR", trying to find out how much the biometrics collection costs in the UK. Does anyone have any experience?

Thanks for your help.

I'm applying for 309/100 and haven't been asked for biometrics, nor seen other UK applicants being asked (for example in timelines).

Reading the link (including the list of countries at the bottom of the link) it looks cumulative (so you are applying (1) for one of the visas concerned, and (2) from one of the relevant countries) otherwise all 309/100 applications would need it, from any country, which isn't consistent with the list of countries. Also, there's no "and" or "or" on the IMMI site, which suggests it's both.

If you haven't yet applied, you will see you will be asked for a passport style photograph (in addition to your passport details page) so the only thing not asked for in effect is fingerprints (and you are allowed to "self-supply" your photo). I got my photo from SnappySnaps for about £20 as you're budgeting.

Edited by TBD
Add reference to photo in application and price