PANIC!!!

Aussiebird

Partner just had his medical in London and now we are really concerned because the physician said his BP was high!  He said his medical may not pass but it will be up to Immigration if they grant his Partner Visa!

He has taken an extra blood test (at a cost) and told my partner that if everything else comes back ok, it shouldn't be a problem, but it's up to Immigration. 

His BP is normally spot on but he said he was walking around for a bit then rushed to get to the medical so not to be late, and said it would be higher than normal, but the physician said otherwise!!.

A report will be sent to Immigration of the BP result and he has been told to go to see our GP asap to get it checked and maybe go on medication.  

Has anyone had there visa refused because of the medical not passing?? Just for one thing that is simple to treat?

Am absolutely worried sick that his visa will be refused now and concerned that his BP has changed so drastically from being totally normal to high!!  

Surely if it remains high then he will be put on medication, millions of people have high BP and take meds, I do!!

I don’t think it’s the high bp so much as the cause of the high bp. Extra tests might be asked for. 

My mum had a TIA, mini stroke caused by high bp, in Australia on a tourist visa whilst awaiting her parent visa. Australia started the bp medication and her permanent visa was granted without issue. This was 2009.

It really will be down to the department as to what they want though. How much above the range was it? Normally the systolic has to be over 140 and/or diastolic over 90 I think for them to class it as hypertension. 

13 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

I don’t think it’s the high bp so much as the cause of the high bp. Extra tests might be asked for. 

My mum had a TIA, mini stroke caused by high bp, in Australia on a tourist visa whilst awaiting her parent visa. Australia started the bp medication and her permanent visa was granted without issue. This was 2009.

It really will be down to the department as to what they want though. How much above the range was it? Normally the systolic has to be over 140 and/or diastolic over 90 I think for them to class it as hypertension. 

I think he said it something like 175/85.  The physician did an extra blood test to check for something else and the results of all the bloods will be around 4 days to come back.  I wonder if he will have to do another medical if his BP is still high after seeing our GP.  Surely he won't,  the physician can just update the circumstances and forward on to Immigration.

Feels like our excitement bubble has well and truly burst!!

9 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

I think he said it something like 175/85.  The physician did an extra blood test to check for something else and the results of all the bloods will be around 4 days to come back.  I wonder if he will have to do another medical if his BP is still high after seeing our GP.  Surely he won't,  the physician can just update the circumstances and forward on to Immigration.

175 for the top figure is very high. It could well be explained by him rushing around. Normally you would give him 5 minutes to rest and doit again. Hopefully it is fine. Again I would be more concerned that he is actually unwell than anything else. His own GP should be able to shed some light on this. Fingers crossed for you.

I am afraid, as AS says, first priority should be to see his GP, work out what his BP actually is and get that addressed.

If your husband's medical was like mine in central London (arrive, do paperwork, do urine sample, get chest X-ray and only then see the Doctor) his BP should probably have come down, even from rushing to get there. Again, to agree with AS, 175/85 is high (for both figures but especially the first).

Best wishes - I very much hope your husband can get this attended to really quickly and it doesn't affect your application.

Thank you. He has taken his BP this evening at 7.30 and 10pm and each reading(he took several) is completely normal .  He is going to take it again in the morning and see a gp. 

We only hope now that my partner is able to prove that his BP is normal and that the physician has not created an unnecessary complication, because is going to send a letter to Immigration with the high BP findings.

My partner said he was quite nervous and anxious going to the medical, so that more than likely contributed to the higher BP than normal. 

I expect Immigration will now want further proof of his BP or they will ignore it.

Everything crossed!!!

• 1 month later...
On 13/09/2019 at 17:51, Aussiebird said:

Health examination has passed with no further action, woo!!

Message says a case officer will now look at the application, so hoping it will be granted soon (second time). Have recently attached our trip abroad with our son,  to the application to keep it up to date

Hi Aussiebird, glad your husband is ok! And that everything has passed.  Your message saying that a case officer would look at the application... did it say that specifically, or did it say something like "All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case ... " which is the wording we got? Just wondering if we're still stuck in a holding queue 😕 . 

3 hours ago, kazronicus said:

Hi Aussiebird, glad your husband is ok! And that everything has passed.  Your message saying that a case officer would look at the application... did it say that specifically, or did it say something like "All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case ... " which is the wording we got? Just wondering if we're still stuck in a holding queue 😕 . 

Hi, 

Thank you. He was very relieved!

Yes thats the same message we had on immi. 

Hi@Aussiebird , I have hypertension and Type 1 diabetes,mine was fine and Visa was granted in July and I've been living here now for 4 weeks.
I'm pretty sure it won't have any issues for you both [emoji4]

Partner just had his medical in London and now we are really concerned because the physician said his BP was high!  He said his medical may not pass but it will be up to Immigration if they grant his Partner Visa!
He has taken an extra blood test (at a cost) and told my partner that if everything else comes back ok, it shouldn't be a problem, but it's up to Immigration. 
His BP is normally spot on but he said he was walking around for a bit then rushed to get to the medical so not to be late, and said it would be higher than normal, but the physician said otherwise!!.
A report will be sent to Immigration of the BP result and he has been told to go to see our GP asap to get it checked and maybe go on medication.  
Has anyone had there visa refused because of the medical not passing?? Just for one thing that is simple to treat?
Am absolutely worried sick that his visa will be refused now and concerned that his BP has changed so drastically from being totally normal to high!!  
Surely if it remains high then he will be put on medication, millions of people have high BP and take meds, I do!!

I would say it was up due to the circumstances he was under at the time,and it was possibly white coat syndrome

Hi,

Once you've been to your  visa medical appointment, how long do you wait for results and feedback? Do you get results before they are uploaded to application? Are you told if it's a pass or not? Or do you wait for Australia to decide? 

Hoping to get results on the day, and to be told if it's going to pass Australian standards before it's uploaded - but not sure how it works! 

13 hours ago, Raye said:

Hi,

Once you've been to your  visa medical appointment, how long do you wait for results and feedback? Do you get results before they are uploaded to application? Are you told if it's a pass or not? Or do you wait for Australia to decide? 

Hoping to get results on the day, and to be told if it's going to pass Australian standards before it's uploaded - but not sure how it works! 

Hi,

My partner had a message on his immi account,  under the health section and it said no further action was required.  So the results of the medical go straight to the application.  It then says a case officer will continue to go through the application. Hope this helps.